This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who are the Woodworking experts ?

You appear to be a good tin bender. But I have already been offended multiple times with your overtures to sell people your saw dust collection upgrade.

Shut the hell up and move on.

Comment

Woodchuck, relax a little, in the woodworking area of this forum I believe most of us are hobbyist. I belong to 5 WW forums, I will post questions on all 5 and compare answers/advice from all. It is also my opinion that a lot of us seek advice here for problems we may be having with our Ridgid tools and how others have solve those problems. We all participate here to help one another not to promote Ridgid tools, if someone thinks a Ridgid tool is crap they’ll say so, and that post does not get deleted. We enjoy having new folks join and become involved, however if you don’t want to participate that’s OK… by the way welcome to the forum; hope you enjoy your time here. Pat
      Last edited by PMR413; 09-06-2010, 08:00 PM.

Comment

So Woodchuck, what's up... you got a sliver that is festering or what?

Perhaps you've got yourself some scheme to corner the market on advice and we're infringing on your income, or else your dog finally left home and because you no longer can kick him, you decide to endear yourself to us forum members?

Whatever, it seems you have some serious problems. Can we be of any help?

BTW, "experts" is always a subjective label. You don't have to be a professionally paid worker, to be able to offer advice; and, advice doesn't always represent the most perfect way. But when one of us is on the asking end of the equation, it's nice to have a forum of friendly people who are willing to step up and offer their experience and opinion.

Perhaps your comprehension of willingly helpful people is in need of some work. Your comment regarding volunteering for "charitable" organizations doesn't take into account the $millions that many of those "charities" spend on on their executives and directors and their fancy offices. So too, do you not understand that many of the helpful people both getting and giving advice on this, and other craft forums, are part of the army of volunteers that help thier community too.

Hopefully you are are just having a bad day,

CWS
        Last edited by CWSmith; 09-06-2010, 07:59 PM.

Comment

This guy did the same thing on Lumberjocks, bitter attitude for some reason.

Not sure what the deal is, but whatever it is it's a bad one.

Maybe the same experience for 30 years instead of thirty years experience.

Comment

Could be his wood working doesn't involve the tree type. You'd be bitter after thirty years of that too!

Comment

Originally posted by Woodchuck1957 View Post
              No wonder this country is in the condition that it is now.
              How ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by tomapple View Post
                You appear to be a good tin bender. But I have already been offended multiple times with your overtures to sell people your saw dust collection upgrade.

Shut the hell up and move on.
                As far as the table saw dust hood goes, how did I offend you ? At this point I could really careless about what you use, either you get it, or you don't. Some of you don't know the difference between a Jobsite table saw and a Contractor's table saw, or a Hybrid table saw and a Cabinet table saw.
                Last edited by Woodchuck1957; 09-10-2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

How much would you charge to enlighten us on the differences?
                  When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Originally posted by Cato View Post
                    This guy did the same thing on Lumberjocks, bitter attitude for some reason.

Not sure what the deal is, but whatever it is it's a bad one.

Maybe the same experience for 30 years instead of thirty years experience.

Yeah, Lumberjocks. The place where some creep was sending me threatening e:mails about what he was going to do to my wife, I'm guessing that he's still a member there, wonderful place. And for the two of you ( Cato & DSurette ) that want to call me a loser, your no better then the Lumberjerk. I guess theres allways going to be a few imature ones in a crowd.
                    Last edited by Woodchuck1957; 09-09-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Lumberjocks. The place where some creep was sending me threatening e:mails about what he was going to do to my wife, I'm guessing that he's still a member there, wonderful place. And for the two of you ( Cato & DSurette ) that want to call me a loser, your no better then the Lumberjerk. I guess theres allways going to be a few imature ones in a crowd.
                      It is nice to see that you are still leading the parade!

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                        It is nice to see that you are still leading the parade!
                        I really don't know why people are allover me about this subject. I don't know of anyone, or have heard of anyone that works at a hardware store or tool supplier for free, which is basically the same type of job that people here are doing for free. Selling tools and giveing advise.

Comment

So what's your point?

Comment

Hey groundhog (oops, thats Woodchuck): Guess you saw your shadow so life is gonna be miserable for a while longer. Sure glad I'm not your neighbor. Around here people help out their neighbors and say "pay it forward", meaning do a good thing for someone else when they need it (FOR FREE).

Of course, if this was back a few years (back in 1957), you being a neighbor would have made it nice. We used to get a 50 cents bounty from the county on a pair of groundhog ears (all they did was burrow holes in the fields and the cattle would step in them and break their legs). Never did find out how they ever were of benefit to anyone.

Looks like you have an appropriate moniker

Go
                            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

I really don't know why people are allover me about this subject. I don't know of anyone, or have heard of anyone that works at a hardware store or tool supplier for free, which is basically the same type of job that people here are doing for free. Selling tools and giveing advise.
                              let me introduce myself. i'm plumber rick

i do give free advice to my customers and people on this forum

and both my wife/ mrsseatdown both volunteer our time at our local hardware store

so now that makes 2 of us that just blew your theory.

the whole idea of this forum is to share, help, learn, and socialize with others. based on your post and input from other members, you don't meet any of the 4 items i've listed chances are this forum is not for you. not telling you to leave, but we have a good working mix of pros, and homeowners that seem to get the idea of this forum. it's you that just doesn't get it i really hope you get where i'm going with this

no one is forcing you to contribute, so please don't stop us, the ones who do help from continuing what we've done for years. for me that's 35 years in person and 6 years on this forum

now do you get it

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                                my wife/ mrsseatdown both volunteer our time at our local hardware store so now that makes 2 of us that just blew your theory.
                                Like Ridgid, the store doesn't think your advice is worth anything either. Sweet.
                                Last edited by Woodchuck1957; 09-11-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X