X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the Woodworking experts ?

Out of curisity, who are they ? and is RIDGID compensating them ?

Re: Who are the Woodworking experts ?

us plumbers are experts at drilling, cutting and hacking the wood

the forum is our compensation

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The experts consist of anyone who feels they know the answer to a posed question, most likely because they have resolved the situation in the past. None of the members are paid to be here we are just part of the community and enjoy helping others. I have been working with wood since around 1985

Comment

Thats a pretty sweet deal for the CEO of RIDGID. He gets people to come here and be a woodshop teacher, be a customer service rep, and tool salesman to promote his cheap imported products for free while he more then likely makes an insane amount in income. Maybe if your lucky in 10 years he will show his apreciation for all your work with with a RIDGID lapel pin, LOL. I have alot more respect for people that donate their time and knowledge to a non profit charitable organization.
        Last edited by Woodchuck1957; 09-06-2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Woodckuck 1957, I think those cold North Dakota winters have affected your thought processes.
          When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Originally posted by DSurette View Post
            Woodckuck 1957, I think those cold North Dakota winters have affected your thought processes.
            Yeah, I supose i'm stupid to think that my time and almost 30 years of woodworking experience is worth anything. Just like most people think that a Woodworkers finished product isn't worth much just because it's a hobby. Forget about all that and working in all the dust thats unhealthy for anyone, or working around dangerous machinery without Workman's Comp Insurance. Excuse me for trying to have just a little self asteem, and not wanting to be used like a fool anymore.
            Last edited by Woodchuck1957; 09-06-2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

If you have nothing nice to say move along.
              We are not here to help Ridgid but to help fellow wood workers, plumbers, HVAC etc. You would know this if you took a few minutes to read some before making yourself look foolish

Comment

I also do not want to be used like a fool so I must place you on my ignore list so I don't accidentally give you some free advice. Seriously, why all the bitterness?
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
                  If you have nothing nice to say move along.
                  We are not here to help Ridgid but to help fellow wood workers, plumbers, HVAC etc. You would know this if you took a few minutes to read some before making yourself look foolish
                  Hey knock yourself out, do what you want. Fellow woodworkers, LOL, yeah right, don't give me that line, your all strangers to me and I owe you nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodchuck1957 View Post
                    Hey knock yourself out, do what you want. Fellow woodworkers, LOL, yeah right, don't give me that line, your all strangers to me and I owe you nothing.
                    Well if you feel that all this forum is here is to use you, then why not move on. Stop being a troll.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                      I also do not want to be used like a fool so I must place you on my ignore list so I don't accidentally give you some free advice. Seriously, why all the bitterness?
                      Please do, I never cared much for your arogant attitude or advise. Bitterness ? What is this girly chat ?

Comment

How did you get 30 years of woodworking experience without getting some help from others? Is all of your knowledge self-taught or does it come from formal schooling? Did no one help you just because they enjoyed sharing their knowledge or did they all want to get paid for helping you? It's not like participants on this forum are dealing in trade secrets. They just like sharing thoughts and ideas.
                        Some people enjoy being helpful. I guess there will always be those that want to get paid for it.
                        When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                          Well if you feel that all this forum is here is to use you, then why not move on. Stop being a troll.
                          Maybe you missed it, but your being used too. Get it there Jethro ?

Comment

Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by DSurette View Post
                              How did you get 30 years of woodworking experience without getting some help from others? Is all of your knowledge self-taught or does it come from formal schooling? Did no one help you just because they enjoyed sharing their knowledge or did they all want to get paid for helping you? It's not like participants on this forum are dealing in trade secrets. They just like sharing thoughts and ideas.
                              Some people enjoy being helpful. I guess there will always be those that want to get paid for it.
                              Mostly self taught, and picked up a few pointers from back in the old Norm Abrahms days, when he was geting paid to teach ! Plus a couple abusive, poverty paying construction related jobs. I really don't know why I should have to explain what should be common sense to people. No wonder this country is in the condition that it is now.
                              Last edited by Woodchuck1957; 09-07-2010, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X