If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You will be required to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Which model? There are at least four tenoning jigs that have been made by Delta over the years. The newest one, which model number ends in "-183" if memory serves correctly, is deliberately designed to allow it to fit in a Ridgid.
I recently bought the Delta Tenoning Jig. I do not have a model number in front of me, but I have only seen one in the stores lately.
To answer your question, no the bar does not fit in the slot. What the new version does do is it gives you 2 holes to move the bar to the other side of the jig, because it is originally set up for a right tilt saw. Then you will need to remove a small amount of material from the bar. I did it in about 20 minutes of using regular sand paper on a board. Works like a charm. I can't believe it took me so long to buy one.
The reason it does not fit as I understand it is that the slot on the ridgid table is .75 inches and the bar for delta accesories is .75 inches. The slot on the delta saw is actually slightly larger than .75 and the bars on Rigid accesories are slightly smaller than .75 inches.
To make a long story short, it is very close, but you will need to remove a little material from the bar and it will work fine.
The bar is only one of the "fit" problems, at least on the older Delta models. I bought one many years ago, and, just never got into a project where I needed it, until last year. As was said, the bar can be fixed very easily by substuting a Rigid bar or sanding down the stock bar.
The other problem I found was the distance from slot to blade. Anyway, you are supposed to be able to move the face plate to just touch the saw blade, when it's at 0 in the scale. When I was aligning mine, there was a 3/4" gap. This is a problem which I believe has been corrected in newer models.
But, even this had a solution. Since the face plate had pre-drilled holes, it was a simple matter of attaching a piece of hardwood to the face. I did need to replace the back support (which holds the wood at various angles). It was very easy to fabricate one out of a scrap piece of angle iron I had. Have been using it ever since, with great sucess.
YES> YES you guys have covered all of the bases, two ways to make it fit, emery cloth/sandpaper or replace the bar. I did the emory cloth bit in about 20 minutes and am VERY happy witth it. Beats the heck out of trying to hold it by hand too!!