X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fence Alignment

I recently read several posts about setting the fence to be 5 to 10 thousandths out in the back to keep the cut piece from wedging. I was wondering if this can be done with the stock 3612 fence? Is the fence alignment repeatable enough that a 5 thousands adjustment would actually matter. Over the length of the fence thats only .0106 degrees from blade parallel. I'd like to think that the fence is that repeatable.

Another question. I am going to be picking up and then setting up a 3612 this weekend. Before leaving work I plan on borrowing some gauges from the met lab to help with the set up. What gauges would you recommend and what would the set up be for blade and fence alignment? I know the manual says to use a combo square, but I'd like to do better. Thanks.

And yes, the local HD, and hour away, claims to have one on display with more in stock.

JPM,

Yes you can set the fence up on the TS3612 as you describe, I feel it your are able to unlock, move and relock the fence and still keep the same settings.

If they have one available, a dial indicator mounted to a 3/4 x 3/8 miter bar is an invaluable tool for setting blade heal. Otherwise a good quality square is sufficient.

Jake

Comment

Working...
    X