Table Saw Improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Saw Improvements

Well I just finished my second addition to my TS2424.

First I built a drop leaf outfeed table that really is nice. Its so cool to rip a board and not have to run around and catch it. It also come in handy for laying out your project.

Second I built a router table on the left side of my saw 13 X 27 and mounted my router on a piece of plexiglass which can be lifted out easily. By mounting it adjorning my cast iron wing. I am able to use my TS fence to clamp a router fence on to when needed.

These are two features along with a great saw that make the WW hobby enjoyable.

ssg57 -I also have a TS2424 and have been thinking of adding an outfeed table. I would be interested in your design of your drop leaf outfeed table. Any chance I could get you to snap a picture of it and email it to me?

Comment

Ssg57:
      I would also like to add both of those features to my 2424. If you could give us plans and/or pictures I would appreciate it.
      Thanks,
      Joe

Comment

Same goes for me. I would be interested if it is possible and not too much trouble for you.
        Justin

Comment

I would be intrested in some plans too.

Comment

Terry
            Sent you two pictures of my router and out feed tables but the e-mail came back......
            AVG2

Comment

Hi, I have just read all your posts re the TS2424 drop leaf table extension and thought I would mention that I built one for my TS2424 I think about 2 years ago. I got the plan from one of the regular WW magazines and in fact the TS they used to build it in in the plans was a TS2424. As I say I built it and it works like a dream. Not difficult either. Only problem is I can't recall which magazine and what date, but I have it somewhere and will dig it out and post.

Cheers Ivor

Comment

You can download the outfeed table plan for about $6.00 here....
                http://store.yahoo.com/woodstore/tabouttab.html

Comment

Here is a nice outfeed table plan for "FREE* [img]smile.gif[/img] http://www.rockler.com/faq/faq_table...d_mounting.cfm

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: tm311 ]

Comment

Karma, Thanks. That's the one I built guys and would say that with just the one leg you might think it unstable but in fact it's very stable and very sturdy. Good luck.
                    Ivor

Comment

Hey Everyone: the magazine you are looking for is Wood, Oct.1999 I have the issue and the plans if someone can tell me how to post them on this site, as my e-mail isn't working. Said plans indeed show a TS2424, and that is what they dimensioned for . Dawg
                      He who dies with the most power tools wins!

Comment

Working...
                      X