R4511 stock splitter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 stock splitter

What sort of luck have you all had with the R4511 stock splitter? Mine seems to tilt and is not straight. Bought a low profile riving knife from Lee S and aligned it. It is perfect. Then I put the stock splitter/guard and it leans right.

Must have a twist or bend in the stock unit that I need to remove. It causes undo pressure when ripping.

Re: R4511 stock splitter

Mine aligns fine, but I had to adjust the assembly that it mounts into. It was a bit of a pain, but there are instructions for doing that in the manual.

If yours leans to one side, you might be able to shim to correct it using a very thin shim like the aluminum ones they use on the tabletop.

Comment

Great idea Cato! I did not think of that. A simple shim when using the splitter and no shim when using the low profile. I will give that a try!

Comment

I bought the shark guard from Lee S and never looked back. I hated the stock guard, never got hurt by it, but I could not get it aligned because of the twist you described. I set up the shark guard in a few minutes and it works perfect.

Comment

Working...
        X