X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MSUV

I was at home depot yesterday and Ridgid has a new MSUV. Has anyone else seen it? The one I am talking about is newer than the AC9944. I can't find a picture of it to post. They did away with the rollers (instead of rollers it just has a round tube for the stock to slide on) and the legs for the outriggers are gone on the new one.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Re: New MSUV

I was at HD and got a picture of the new MSUV AC944. The sales rep says they are being recalled because of a defect. But this is what the new one will look like.
    Attached Files
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

That looks to be similar to the tool stand for the 10" tile saw..... The WSUV....
      Last edited by Tin Can; 10-21-2010, 08:18 PM.
      Mike

Comment

Looking at it I think the defect is a design error that puts the wheels and handles on the same end. Sure would be hard to wheel around the way it is.
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I didn't even catch that until you mentioned it. You are on to something there... It also does not look nearly as rugged and sturdy as my AC9944...
          Mike

Comment

It is similar in design to the stand that comes on the 2410. The reason the handles and the wheels are on the same end is not because of a design flaw but because of the way the unit folds. When folded the wheels and handle are on opposit ends in a vertical position just like the table saw stand. It is more stable that the older msuv and opens in one movement not like the older msuv when had 2 separate legs to set up. The material guides are not as nice as they are not rollers and do not have legs for support. The saw mounting brackets look quite cheap in comparison to the 9944 as well.

Bill

Comment

The new MSUV appeared in the local HD today. The box label shows the model number as an AC9945. I was unable to locate any information on the Ridgid site using the new model number. This design is somewhat similar to the Bosch Gravity-Rise Wheeled Miter Saw Stand, which I played with in Lowe's this morning, and was not too impressed as I compared it to the AC9944.

With the handles on the reverse end, it would force you to use the material support as a handle if you needed to move it around while setup.

I am glad I got my hands on an AC9944 last week. I think it is a much better stand.
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TOD View Post
                Looking at it I think the defect is a design error that puts the wheels and handles on the same end. Sure would be hard to wheel around the way it is.
                pretty stupid huh?! The tile saw is same way, wheels and handles on the same side. Funny table saw has handles on both sides though, one set for folded use and one for unfolded use. Brilliant!

Comment

new here, so be gentile

After owning a set of cordless for a few years, I decided to get the portable table saw. Love it.

Just picked up the 12" sliding CMS and the new MSUV. Excited to put it all together, I sat in my garage freezing my you know what off only to find myself feeling retarded.

Got the MSUV all put together, no problem, sat the CMS up on it to bolt down and here is the problem.

1. have to use the short bolts; it is very difficult to get the short bold through the front hole of the table as the locking mechanism on the saw mounting bracket makes for ZERO room for fingers.

2. there are rubber feet on the bottom of the saw table that are directly in line with the saw mountint bracket, making it impossible to screw it down flush with the bottom of the table.

questions: does the locking mechanism come off for installation purposes, and do the rubber feet come off/should I care if I get them off and they aren't "supposed" to come off?

20 min of frustration on a good winter night in Iowa...thanks for your thoughts

Comment

I like my old 9940 model over the successors.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Miter-Sa...e/EN/index.htm
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

looks pretty solid. has a nice mounting plate rather than what I'm working with...2 rip fences from the table saw.

Comment

I am extremely happy with my AC9944. Having looked at the new one, it would just not fit the expectations I have of mine. I need it easily mobile while setup and the new one does not have the same user friendly look to it. The only thing I do wish it had is the support leg under both rollers like the AC9940. Mine only has it under the left.

I am also getting ready to buy a second set of mounting rails for my lunchbox planer... Great versatility...
                        Mike

Comment

I agree with Mike, I have the AC9944 and I have looked at the new model, (No thanks) I like having rollers for sliding heavy lumber to the table, it just makes sense plus the little extra table space for tape measures pencils block sander is welcomed.

Cheers
                          Glen

Comment

I just bought the ridgid 12" sliding miter saw and AC9945 stand and think they are a great combo. It was easy to assembly and the ease to set up is great. Unlock the leg lock, push down and the handles and the stand rises up and locks in and your ready to cut. Very easy to move around and store.

Comment

Would anyone know whether the SAW MOUNTING BRACKET ASSEMBLY for the AC9944 is the same ones as for the AC9945?

I called to get a price for the brackets for the AC9945 and on the parts list it shows quantity as only 1 and they want $79.23 a piece...WOW!!!

I noticed that on the parts list for the AC9944 they show a quantity of two. So, I'm wondering if they are the same brackets and if so, I might call to see if the price for the pair is more reasonable.

Thanks for any response, Ron

Comment

Working...
                              X