Gazebo , Deck and Pool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gazebo , Deck and Pool

Hi everyone ! At the beginning of the summer my son came to me and asked me if i would give him a hand designing and building a deck and gazebo around his 24 ft deck .
    How can you say no to your kids

The main framing was done with P.T wood and everything else is cedar .
    The railings are done with 3/4" metal spindles . There will be solar lighting on all of the 4x4 post .

This is a before picture .

Here is how it looks now !

John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=112698715866

Re: Gazebo , Deck and Pool

Here are a few more pics !

I will post the finished pics in a few weeks
    John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

Comment

Very nice John, and good to hear from you, its been a while.
      Now I know what has been keeping you busy.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Hi Bob and thanks ! My son lives a hour and a half away so it took up a fair bit of my time this summer . I did manage to build a few birdhouses too . I,ll post them soon .
        The best news i got this summer was my son and his wife are expecting their first child .It will be my second grand kid
        John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

Comment

John,

Thanks for this great post. Spectacular job and certainly impressive beyond my words. Great photos too!

Thanks again ,

CWS

Comment

Congrats on the second grandchild John.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Hi John, I read the post title and saw the name of the poster and thought - well this aught to be amazing
              You didn't disappoint!

Comment

nicely done!. that must have been a great deal of fun to put together. i like the vertical skirt boards that block views of the deck undersides. do they go to the ground and contact the soil?
                there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

That is really a nice job. The only concern I can see is if you ever have to replace the liner. I had a deck around half of my pool and it made it almost impossible to change the liner.
                  SSG, U.S. Army
                  Retired
                  K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                    nicely done!. that must have been a great deal of fun to put together. i like the vertical skirt boards that block views of the deck undersides. do they go to the ground and contact the soil?
                    My son used a edger first and dug down 6"
                    Then we poured a 12" wide strip of gravel around the base of the deck and kept the boards up a bit .

The entire deck is screwed down , to replace the liner all you have to do is unscrew the first row of decking . We haven,t put that row on yet because my son is already thinking about putting a new liner in next spring .

Thanks everyone !!
                    John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

Comment

Very nice job! Is that trolley for sending beer down to the pool?

Comment

Not bad for a weekend's work

Comment

Thanks guys !
                          It actually didn,t feel like it took very long . We started it at the beginning of the summer but we only worked on it a day and there and next thing it,s almost done . It,s a good thing because i,m not making a penny on this one .
                          John from Belgrave ont.

www.extremebirdhouse.com

Comment

Working...
                          X