X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650?

Thinking about buying this saw this week. It is a major investment for me. Is it a good saw. Is it worth the money. Please reply.

Search around this site for postings on arbor problems with this unit, i.e., numerous units shipped with an arbor that won't properly accept a stacked dado. Otherwise, I really like mine. I'm impressed with it performance, its fence and overall build quality. There are numerous opinions about the new line of saws from Craftsman and their superiority, but they are significantly heavier, and the jury is still out on just how well made they are.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

As with any major investment you should look at every possiblity in your price range, compare pros and cons, then choose which suits you best. As mentioned, there has been some issues with the Rigdid...only the arbor problem stille exists on machines in inventory as far as I know. Also as mentioned, the new Sears cabinet saws are getting alot of positive feedback. I'd also look at Grizzly, the new Deltas, Bridgewood, and Shop Fox.

Comment

When I was shopping for a table saw I looked around for the best saw that I could buy for under $500. I ended up with a Craftsman and this was 5 years ago. At that time I chose the model that was the second most expensive saw you could get at Sears. This was before the Ridgid stuff became widely available.

My criteria were:
          1. Belt drive (don't get a fixed drive saw unless you need it to be portable)

2. Heavy iron table top.

Under these two criteria you are going to find saws that have nice fences and run pretty smoothly.

I hope you have as much fun getting your as I did mine. Make sure you invest in good blades!

Comment

Reboot;

I've noticed that you are from canada, I love the ts3650 but i would advise against it until rigid starts shipping new units with the corrected arbor unless you want to send out your new saw to a service depot right away and wait between 30 to 60 days. That is what im facing as it seems that they will not ship the replacement arbor to canadian customers to replace themselves.

It looks like im return my saw to HD for my money back... Im with in 90 days of purchase so i would rather just return it then wait up to 60 days.

Comment

Reboot, since you're up north of us, you have some brands available that we don't, and possibly better deals on some that we do. General is a Canadian company and should have some reasonable deals on the highly acclaimed General International 50-185. You could also look at Canwood at House of Tools.

Comment

Just got off the phone with SC again ( it was a last attempt to get an arbor sent to me prior to returning the saw) and I have convinced them to send me a new arbor although they are not sure when it will be sent to me as it has to go through the canadian distributor. But at least I dont have to return the saw.

Comment

I've read so much about this arbor.

1. Does the arbour affect the overall performance of the saw?
                  2. Can you use another dado, so this won't happen.
                  3. Other than the arbour, how does the saw perform.
                  4. When you use the frued dado, does it ruin the job you are working on.

Only a newbie.

Comment

SCBoyd;

I live in your area and when I contacted Ridgid they informed me due to custom problems they would have to send it to their Canadian Distributers first and then have it forwarded to me. It was to take approximately 3 weeks but I received mine in the mail in 5 days. Not bad. Now I have to get the new arbor and table saw to a reapir centre.

Comment

gordo

Do it yourself... It doesnt look like its that bad of a job and there is enough instructions online to guide you. Im glad you had no problems recieving it, btw did it get shipped from Barrett in Quebec?

Comment

SCBoyd;

The arbor came from some place in Cambridge.

Comment

I can't really believe it but I talk to SC yesterday around noon and before 9 am this morning I had a new arbor in my hand. WoW! I have have to give Ridgid credit they are definitely trying to make a positive out of a negative situation.

Comment

Wow, that is fast! Glad to hear you got it.
                            Good luck with the installation.

Comment

Got my new saw today. Tks everyone for the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X