X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did I get the right fence?

I purchased a ts2424 table saw. I did not get the fence and had to make a special trip to home depot to get it. My question is now after setting it up I might not have the right fence. the manual says there is 24 inch right and left scales on the rail. the fence i have only has 12 inches left and 24 right. This is why i believe i have the wrong fence.
    Am i right?

Sounds like you have the fence rails off a TS2412.

Dave

Comment

I agree with Dave. You have the 2412 fence. Dave

Comment

Yep. You have the wrong fence/rail assembly.

Don't feel bad. The only thing I have ever had to complain about HD is that when they delivered my saw, my fence rails looked like they have been run over by a train -- completely crushed. I had to make an extra trip to get another set.

But they were nice and replaced them with no hassle.

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: George ]

Comment

Same problem here. How many HD associates does it take to get you the right fence rails????? When I went to HD and asked for the fence rails that had been left off my order I was originally directed to the lumber yard cause "that's where we keep all the fencing supplies." To make matters worse, he gave me one of those "duh" looks. I hate it when someone gives me one of those, even when I deserve it. Sorry, just needed to vent a little.

Comment

Hehehe. Perhaps he wasn't giving you that look, perhaps it belongs to him.

I find that visual aids are very helpful in some of these cases. Taking the sales associate to the display model and pointing at the rail might be easiest.

Dave

Comment

Problem solved.
              I went to HD today, and lucky for me the Ridgid Rep. was there. He gave me the right rails and the bolts to put them on with.
              Now the saw looks right.
              thanks again
              John

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wood Dog:
                ...When I went to HD and asked for the fence rails that had been left off my order I was originally directed to the lumber yard cause "that's where we keep all the fencing supplies." To make matters worse, he gave me one of those "duh" looks...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHA! That's the type of reaction I ALWAYS get when I go to Lowes here in Huntsville. Our HD people seem to be pretty sharp here. Our HD also does a better job of keeping the things I need in stock than our Lowes does.

Comment

Working...
                X