X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap

Maybe he really will be homeless with nothing but those pieces of crap batteries to keep him warm on a cold, dark, and lonely night.
    Another tosser who thinks Ridgid sucks....back up your claims then and tell us what happended with your tools.
    I have a garage full, well over $2000 worth of Ridgid tools and have had no failures in 6 years.

Same here, lots of ridgid tools not one problem in 2 yrs!

Comment

I have had nothing but good things with my ridgid tools, but I do not have any of their cordless tools. Most complaints I see here are with their cordless tools. I am aware of only 1 problem someone had with a ridgid stationary tool. Here is a link to it if you are interested.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

well crap maybe a little to strong but when 2 brand new 18 volt drills burn the triggers out one while chucking up a small drill bit and one while driving in a 1/4 lag thats pretty bad. Not to mention that when the first one burned up I bought a second drill to hold me over while mine was in the shop and good thing because it was there for 2 months and finally ridgid gave me approval to return it at homedepot and I saw that as my way out. I still have a jigsaw and it works fine. My email address was what I used when I was building my house so I was kinda homeless.

Comment

my shop tools (table saw, band saw, and jointer) are all ridgid with no complaints.

keep in mind that i am a hobbyist/diy'r so my cordless tools dont see near the use that many others see. i have been through makita (their old 9.6 worked great but charger sucked) seemed like it was an overheating problem. every few months i had to break it open and resolder the grounds on the board.

i have owned 1 craftsman (when made by dewalt, one makita, and one other 14 volt (dont remember the name). the craftsman was the last one i owned and it actually held up the best. i needed two new batteries though so it was more cost effective to buy a new drill. ridgid's hadn't come out yet so i was torn between the milwaukee and the Hilti. nothing againt the milwaukee but i went with the Hilti. this is one bad *** drill. and it has a feature none of the others that i have found have. the charger is a trickle charger and it is recommended that you keep the batery plugged in until ready to use. the other feature i like, is that (no more than once a month) you can press a button on the charger and it COMPLETELY discharges the battery before recharging.

the ridgids werent out yet so i could not look at them.

i got to tell you what i will put this 12 V hilti against anything out there ecxept mabe the milwaukee, i dont care what voltage. you 18 v might have a little more power at first (faster off the line), but my hilti will keep up and you will be changing batteries before me!
          \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

There may be Ridgid power tools that don't stand up to high standards, but generally, they are priced accordingly (for example, their bandsaw has had mixed reviews---even if you discount the no riser block problem---but, generally, they aren't priced way up there either).

When you consider their cordless line is pretty much up there, in pricing, with the big names, you certainly have the right to expect their performance to match those of DeWalt, Milwaukee or Makita. But, from all that's appeared on this forum, such is not the case.

Interesting Consumer's Report kind of says it all----they gave top marks to Makita, DeWally and Milwaukee cordless kits, with Ridgid listed at number 6 or 7---barely above Ryobi, in overall rating for quality. But, the interesting point---since Ryobi was less than half the cost of most sets, they got the Best Buy award. Moral of the story----if you're going to pay $200 for a cordless set, you get what you pay for---if your going to pay $400-500, you'd better have good quality.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X