X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2424 arbor replacement question

I posted this question on the power tools forum and noone replied. Perhaps that was not the correct forum for this question. Maybe someone here can help me.
    I have a TS 2424-1 (circa 2001), and have severely dinged the threads on the arbor. Is there a way to replace only the arbor, and if so, how do I remove it from the rocker casting in which it is mounted. I notice that the parts diagram list the entire assembly (arbor housing) and not just the arbor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Denis

Re: TS2424 arbor replacement question

i have a 2412. same saw, just an entry level version of the 2424. just curioius, how did the arbor threads become damaged?
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I'm not really sure how it happened. I suspect that the steel had a flaw in the threaded section because a section of the thread pitch siply broke off. And, no, I didn't over tighten the arbor nut. (lol). Anyway, Rigid covered the replacement if the arbor housing, so apparently, they agreed.

Comment

personally, if it was my tool, i'd break it down so the only thing in the cabinet was the arbor carriage and i'd bring it into an authorized repair facility. that tool has a lifetime guaranty.

Comment

That's exactly what I did. I called to see if they had the arbor. He told me that I had lifetime warrantee and to take it in. I broke it down to point that it was when it was in the box when I bought it and gave it to him. I picked it up the other day with a brand new arbor housing in it. When I asked him to order me a new belt and that I would pre pay for it if he would mail it to me, he said "what part of lifetime warrantee don't you understand. The belt is covered too.". When I asked him to get me new blade while he was at it (I was kidding, of course) he said"don't push it (lol). I had forgotten that the saw had a lifetime warrantee. I'm glad that I still had my receipt. I've always loved the saw. Now I really love it.

While the saw was apart, I took the top and two extension wings to a precission surface grinding service and had the top resurfaced. It cost me $80 and has twice the finish that it had when it was new. Now that I have it tuned and resurfaced it's really awesome.
          Last edited by Denis001; 11-04-2010, 11:19 PM.

Comment

i know what you mean about those older, gray ridgid stationary power tools. i'm getting to that "........pry it out of my cold, dead hand.........." state of mind regarding my 2412, for which i just picked up a set of CI extension wings, a like new 30" delta t2 and a set of milled pulleys and link belt for $100. BTW, i'm, surprised the repair facility asked for a copy of the purchase receipt. i'd been advised by ridgid tech support that the serial number of those tools was the determining factor when service was needed.

Comment

Working...
            X