Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderator Norm as notified me he edited my posts due some complaintes about the wording I used.

(in reference to body parts)

I appologize if I have offended anyone.

[ 01-20-2004, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: UO_Woody ]
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

I wish they wouldnt' do that. I have been keeping up to date with yoru posts woody, I can't think of a time you needed to be modified.

Jake

Comment

In addition to modifying one of your posts when it was not necessary Woody, Norm was unfair and selective. Take a look at the first line of my post, above, it contains an explicit reference to the very same body parts that he edited out of your posts. Yet it is untouched.

Norm: If you are going to clean up the naughty references to body parts here, then do it fair, with an even-hand.

Better yet, reserve your editing authority for circumstances where the poster is being vulgar for shock value, or in uncontrolled rage or something. Don't edit out idiomatic useage of common phrases like you did. Woody actually expressed a much more complex thought in far fewer words than he could have if he did not continue the cliche we'd both been using and wrote what he meant out in plain english instead.

[ 01-21-2004, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Scott C. ]

Comment

Please, don't blame Norm. He stated in his message to me that to himself, my comments were mild in nature, but he did receive a few complaints. Perhaps someone doesn't think much of me. In any case, he was doing his job. I responded that I didn't mind him editing my post, as he was just doing his job. I offered the appology as my intent was not to offend anyone, but to demonstrate how much freedom as consumers we really have in some situations.

I should have been more politically correct in my choice of words.
          John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

When I bought my saw I was told by a sales clerk to make a copy and staple the original recept to the copy. He also said keep it in the dark and away from heat.

Comment

where at???

in a cave???

LOL

Jake

Comment

I've had the thermal paper problem with bank machine receipts for years, and after a couple of tax prep scenarios where I couldn't read the printouts decided to hand write in the critical information right away to preserve it when the paper goes blank (which it always does eventually.

I do the same thing with key store receipts, with one added step: I xerox them with my handwritten date and info as soon as possible. If there's ever a question at least the handwriting on the blank original matches what shows on the copy.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying Woody. Apologies to Norm if I came on a bit strong, but still would think it more fair if you cleaned up all offensive language by everyone.

Back to the real topic of this thread:

Got a reply to an email to Ridgid (actually OWT) support re: warranty registration. The whole email will be posted tomorrow on one of the other threads here, under Warranty Registration Question, or something like that (it is on the email on the other computer). But since it is on topic here, the guy at OWT said that we should keep the receipts in a bag, in a cool dark place and make copies if we would like. I'd guess he just made an implicit legal commitment on behalf of OWT to honor photocopies of the receipts. He did also point out that it is OWT we need to deal with for warranty issues, not HD. If HD does anything, like an exchange or whatever, beyond the 30 or 90 day period, it is out of the kindness of the individual manager's warm fuzzy heart.

[ 01-21-2004, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Scott C. ]

Comment

Ok, I brought my blackened, laminated recipts back to home depot today. I had bought a drill press, table saw, ROS, miter saw, and band saw back in December. The recipts were not very readable. A few letters and the bar code could be read a little bit. Intially the clerk said that that he couldn't do anything. I mentioned that I had purchase all the stuff on the Home Depot Card and asked if they could reference it that way. He was able to contact the credit card office and the office said they would send me the orginal thermal recipts in the mail in two weeks.

Comment

Well got those "original thermal receipts" today(see last post). Far from original. They had my digital signature on them but they only referenced the total price that I had put on my Home depot card. They didn't have any information on them showing that I had bought any Ridgid tools. I'm not that surprised since the home depot card appears to be outsourced out to Citibank. So the receipts I got are basically useless. So next step is that I plan to talk directly to the home depot manager at the local store and get receipts. Will post results after.

Comment

Seems like everyone had a reply to this issue. I have not seen anyone post a reply to actually scan the receipt. Pictures, digital pictures and copy machines. I scan my receipts and rint a copy of them and file them away with all the receipts for my tools.

Comment

One thing, Woody, you can rest assure of. I will buy more Ridgid tools, but NOT the ban saw.
                          If a butterfly didn\'t have wings, they\'d call it a butterwalk.

Comment

Working...
                          X