X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Transfer Receipts

A word of caution. I was in need to obtain my origanal Home Depot Thermal Transfer Receipt for my band saw. It's a blank piece of paper.

Just a word of caution to those who purchased the limited lifetime warranty during the promotion which has been stated by a moderator here on the forums that it is needed to receive warranty service.

Is there a way to properly preserve these thermal transfer receipts? Not to my knowledge. Using a laminator uses heat. It's been stated they will not take duplicate receipts.

Just a word of caution.
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Thanks for the reminder UO_Woody. You can pick up cold laminating materials at most office supply stores. It may even be something that Kinko's does. I'm going to do my receipts tomorrow before they fade.

Comment

Mark the back with a permanant marker and take a picture of it. You will have proof that it is the original even if you can't read it.
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

sounds like a scary predicament to me. Would be nice if Home Depot or ridgid had a good answer for this one. As their business decision created this situation.

Anything you get from other members is nothing more than a guess.

Jake

Comment

Not sure why this gets discussed and creates fear(s) as the "copies" I have used for 4 years at the various HD locations have always sufficed. Matter of fact I had to use one yesterday for warranty on 4 year old bathroom faucet. In and out in under 15-includes refunding and repurchasing new one. Old no longer made

Comment

Originally posted by ChipMaker:
            Not sure why this gets discussed and creates fear(s) as the "copies" I have used for 4 years at the various HD locations have always sufficed. Matter of fact I had to use one yesterday for warranty on 4 year old bathroom faucet. In and out in under 15-includes refunding and repurchasing new one. Old no longer made
            Lets see been four years..not the same as life, I hope.....They worked at HD...Not the same as the new "service center" ten years from now..

Comment

Originally posted by rrmcbride:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ChipMaker:
              Lets see been four years..not the same as life, I hope.....They worked at HD...Not the same as the new "service center" ten years from now.. </font>[/QUOTE]!!!NOT DIRECTED AT ANY INDIVIDUAL_OKAY !!!!
              Seems like we really doing some stretching outta fear.....of what? Curious - think I understand the only thing assured to me is what I leave store with. Hopefully they still be openwhen I get to my truck if I was to turn around and look.

Seen enough companies go under in last 5-10 years to realize there are no "real" guarantees period. Well - okay, death and taxes I guess

So there be my take. And not inferring OWT will ever be in same boat as these defunct or bankrupt or "modified" companies, nor that they will not honor a duplicate receipt either because face it-they'd get rears taken to cleaners in class action suit and be outta business as a "tool vendor" or like anyway. Then what they have to market???

We sure getting to be a paraniod society. Is it due to Slick Willie's stint in office or the W's I wonder.

[ 01-13-2004, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Cranky ]
              Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Woody---despite other replies----thanks for the reminder. I was just assemblying tax receipts and found two that were totally blank And, it's just not HD-----Gad, I thought we got rid of the disappearing ink trick when thermal faxs went out of style?
                Dave

Comment

Don't I know it! I just hope I don't get audited! I don't think the IRS would accept blank pieces of paper as proof of anything! Little late to make copies now!
                  John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

We just now add to list as thermal replacements disappearing ink-jet stuff, 8-10# copier paper in some machines, my thermal bamk receipts, the list goes on.

Maybe there is a conspiracy here after all - Big Bro will soon come in and say prove it all chaps. If not it's mine

Comment

HD sales person told me to just make a copy and staple original to the copy. Sounds easy enough to me!

Comment

One of the store employees at Home Depot had suggested I laminate the original receipt along with a copy of the warranty detail from mini catalog they had. My girlfriend has a laminater at work and she did the first receipt for my drill and it came out fine. A couple of black spots on the receipt but still completely readable. Later that week I pick up a few more tools at the 20% sale and had her laminate those. Bad results the second time. The receipt was completely black. Some of text was readable but barely. I plan to go in to Home Depot this week with a copy of the receipts and my Home Depot card statement and ask for hand written receipts on company letterhead. I'll post the results when I'm done.

Comment

Since this paper is heat sensitive, I would think the heat from lamination would destroy it. I think the photo copy is the way to go to be on the safe side. I do, however, think, in general, the use of thermal printing on receipts that may need to be preserved, is a consumer issue that should be addressed.
                          Dave

Comment

I made a copy of mine and put it along with the original in between a couple of the clear adhesive sheets of paper. On the ten-minute drive home from work the sun hit it and the original instantly went blank.

Woodslayer

Comment

Originally posted by woodslayer:
                              I made a copy of mine and put it along with the original in between a couple of the clear adhesive sheets of paper. On the ten-minute drive home from work the sun hit it and the original instantly went blank.

Woodslayer
                              To think we pay major money to be sun worshipers at that. Somehow suspect my skin is shot and I don't even know it

Comment

Working...
                              X