No announcement yet.

Circle/Wheel Cutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what I think of as a fly cutter. I guess the woodworking kind could be called that too.

I can't believe I finally figured out how to post a picture on this forum.
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

CWS, I see no reason why you could not use a circle cutter on your DP as long as you use the lowest speed (300 RPM) and go easy. I can make my 3/4 HP general grunt when cutting 6" holes so you could likely stall the 1/2 HP Ridgid

Comment

Thanks for the prompt responses. Lorax, I've never seen that type of tool in you picture. Perhaps it is something that just didn't catch my eye in the many tool catalogs.

I think all for the references that I've read on using a hole-cutter were for speeds under 600 rpm, No doubt I'd certainly want to feed that slowly. Thanks again for all of the experienced replies.

Kindest regards to you all,

CWS

Comment

I have one of the off-brand double ended circle cutters. It is such a PITA to get both ends adjusted to the same diameter, that I usually leave one bit completely off. Unless there is a fine adjustment on the double-ender you're looking at, I'd settle for the single point cutter.
          Steve
          www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
          X