R4511 $350 is this a good buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 $350 is this a good buy?

I have found a Ridgid R4511 for $350 close by. Is this a reasonable price? I have not looked at it yet but have seen a photo. Are there any specific items I should look at regarding the R4511? I assume that if I buy it I can remove the table and rails and just slide it on its side into the bed of my truck on a sheet of plywood. What should I do with the motor to transport the saw? I have used the search function in the forum to look at he 5 million posts re the R4511.

Thanks in advance for you comments.

Re: R4511 $350 is this a good buy?

Have you verified that the saw is not in the date range for the arbor replacement (or has been either inspected or repaired)?
    Last edited by tomapple; 11-16-2010, 12:30 PM.

Comment

If there's a blade upgrade, link belt, ZCI, riving knife, and or fence upgrade to the base machine, I'd think it's a good deal. If not, I think the price is a little high without a few of those improvements.

I think the machine was orginally 599 then 499 then 299 at HD. I think 50% of retail is fair for a discontinued model. Make sure the granite isn't cracked or chipped on the table surface and make sure you inspect the slots underneath the table wings.

If the arbor was one of the recalled types and was fixed, there should be a sticker on the machine stating that fact. Every technician that fixed these, was suppose to do that.

I've updated my 4511 with those items listed above and just love it. It's a real eye catcher with the black granite top really is maintenence free, save a little wax now and then. Good luck with your decision.
      Last edited by Mr.D; 11-16-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I don't know where you're going to get anything better for $350... I assume that it would be complete, granite in good shape with no issues, with low miles... Once you remove the top... you should be able to move the cabinet as one unit. I would strap it upright in a pickup truck.

Comment

if you remove the top, do so carefully. there are alignment shims and they need to be replaced exactly as they were when the top is removed. and be ready to move it carefully as this bad boy is heavy. fully assembled weight is 477lbs. but $350, assuming it's in good shape, is a fairly good price for that saw. however, as a second owner, you will not be able to register it for the LLSA.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I sold one a couple months back for $325. My other R4511 is on Craigslist at $400, but I don't expect to get that. It seems like CL is one of those places where the seller is expected to take a hit, and so they have to go on at higher prices in order to realize the true value.

Comment

If the saw is in great shape, I would get it for that price. It is a very nice saw and I like the granite top.

Red
              Red

Comment

Working...
              X