X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To All Members of the Forum

Some people who regularly post on this forum have requested a little personal information about me - so for what its worth - contrary to what many of you believe there really is a Bob Dueker. I am married, have three children, two of them on their own and a seventh - excuse me - eighth grader at home. I have one dog and two cats that always seem to show up at supper time. About five years ago we moved into an older home that was built in 1911. I am gradually working on the home but still have a long way to go! I taught Industrial Arts(woodworking, metalworking, drafting) at the high school level for about ten years, managed a combination hardware store-lumberyard for about six years, and have been employed at Emerson since 1988.
    I wish I could show you pictures of my shop but I would be embarrased! Its something I just threw together in a small garage when we moved in so I could start home remodeling. I hope to get time to fix it up sometime. I am very-very jealous of some of the shops I have seen on this forum! However, I have managed to make the odd piece of furniture now and then.
    Now to Ridgid Woodworking Tools. Things are really starting to "fall into shape" and relatively soon we will be making major announcements and introducing new products. I know many of you have become frustrated with what seems like a lack of interest on our part but there were many hurdles to jump over and business decisions to be made. In hindsight I guess we should have handled this forum differently but what's done is done. In the future I will try to keep everyone informed as much as I possibly can. If you can see yourself into giving us a little more time I'm sure you will like the final results. In the meantime keep making sawdust and be careful! Thanks.

Glad to meet ya Bob!

I look forward to the announcements.
    Alan
    My Shop

Comment

Pleased to make your further acquaintenance, Bob. Tough time you got to show up in.

Apologies, but...this is nonsense: I wish I could show you pictures of my shop but I would be embarrased!

Here, to help you get over your embarassment, is the Dave Cave: http://users2.ev1.net/~arbuckle/ShopTour/ShopTour.html .

Dave

Comment

Dave, the "Dave Cave" is great. It looks almost as cluttered as my garage, er, shop.

How do you like that bandsaw?

Comment

Thanks for the update, Bob. Feels good to know there is a real person with a messy shop and "this old house" as the moderator.

I understand the tough times from the business perspective, and how you may not yet be able to talk about the future. But until you can, we would also enjoy your participation as a fellow woodworker, and as someone who may have insight (or access to someone with insight) about the Ridgid tools we already own.

Comment

Thanks Bob, and welcome to the forum! (Long over due)

Even though you feel your shop isn't par to some, it's your space of sanity. How little or big, neat, clean or messey it is. I think we would all like to see it! We sometimes get the impression of throat chocking neckties of people. Seeing your shop I'm sure will loosen that neck tie to reveal a shop apron!

I also appologize to you personally, because along with others, my frustrations in Ridgids conversion has brought frustrations targeted at you that should not have taken place.

Currently, I'm working on replacing the wifes dresser top with a platform for the TV to sit on, and the VCR to sit under.

What is taking you to your shop these days Bob?
            John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Now that's what we were looking for Bob, just a little something to know you are there and a contributing member of this forum. It's nice to finally have a formal introduction.

I have said in other posts that I don't blame you for the current "State of the Union" at Ridgid, but I am guilty of stating that I didn't think you were really moderating this forum. If I was wrong, I apologize. Welcome to the forum.
              Mark

Comment

Welcome Mr. Dueker...

You know how the old drill goes around her... "If you don't have pictures; than it didn't happen"!!! We would love to see any pictures that you have to offer... Heck we would love to see Ridgid assembly line photo's or manufacturing pictures that you would share with us... We are not picky... We just love to shoot the breeze and mingle amongst one another... Don't be shy, break out the digital camera and jump right in... We all put our pants on the same way every morning...
                Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\"http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

Comment

So Dave, do you have a whole family of Gargoyles in your shop or does that one just like to get in all the photos
                  One of the programmers in my department has one that watches over his shoulder all day.
                  Alan
                  My Shop

Comment

Fantastic Bob! Just enjoy having you put your 50 cents worth in, not so worried about Ridgid so much anymore 'cause I have moved past that. I have 3 kidletts that are supposed to be gone but my oldest (31) put a mobile home next to us on the farm - So far he likes wrenchin' and I like woodworkin'. Welcome and will be lookin' forward to your comments now and then!! r

Comment

Hey, Bob!

Glad you logged in and reassured folks a bit. Good to have you on board.

Comment

Thank you very much for the post, Bob. Very glad to have you aboard. I hope that Ridgid continues to improve the situation. They are still my favorite woodworking tools, despite recent events.
                        I think this thread just made my day!

Comment

Hi Bob!

I knew you were a good guy

--Olivier

Comment

Welcome Bob,
                            I too am restoring/working on a 1911 Craftsman style home. Have made a lot of progress in the last few years, but still have a long way to go!
                            Any pictures of the house to share? I just can't get enough of old tools and old houses!
                            Rob Johnson
                            "Old Towne"
                            Orange,Ca.
                            Just tilt your head a little and it will look straight!

Comment

Dave, I thought that my "shop" was cluttered, I was VERY WRONG. Mine is about the same as yours. do have plan to expand into the garage area, but I have to find a "space to put in a new frig for my better half. ( the one in the house is bulging to the seams) Can not quite figure out yet how to eleminate some of the other "things / scrap / not needed or just should get rid of stuff". I hate to get rid of scrap that I will need next project. thanks for the pictures!

Comment

Working...
                              X