Crown Molding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown Molding

Hey Guys I have a question for you. I do some trim work not a lot but some and I have a piece of crown molding in one of my rental houses that I am not sure how to replace. First of all, this is an upscale house and it needs to be done correctly and needs to match, which is why I am asking for help. The main ceiling is 12 feet high around most of the room and angles down to a ten foot section of the wall at 22.5 degree angle. The cut of the crown molding appears to be one of three different angles since a normal crown cut is two and now this board slopes downward. I could just use the piece and try to replicate it but I would like to know the actual way to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Re: Crown Molding

If I am picturing this correctly I think you just need to set your bevel to 22.5 and cut the crown. You need to place the molding in your saw upside down and the flats that go on the wall and ceiling need to be flat on the fence and table respectively.

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?source=...lding&aq=f&oq=
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

is this the kind of application you are describing:
        Attached Files
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Finer,

yes this is similar to the situation that I am in. However, the crown ends in to the lower wall. From the picture that you supplied there wouldn't be any crown molding on the wall that is on the right side of the picture (the one with white curtains.)

Wbrooks,

this is the way that I normally cut crown simply by putting a fence on bed of the compound saw. I didn't think about using a bevel cut doing this.

Thanks to everyone for the info.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X