X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Base for JP0610??

Hi all! Does anyone know if Ridgid has a mobile base that works with the 610 jointer? If not, what have you used for a base? Any info. is appreciated!
    Chris

I glued up some 2x4’s butcher-block style and mounted some swivel casters to the bottom, total cost $23.00. This setup brought the height of the tables to a more comfortable working height for me. The dimensions of mine are approximately 1/2 inch bigger than the base of the Jointer, with this type setup it would not be impossible to tip over when attempting to move it straight backward or forward. By giving the base a little nudge with your foot when attempting these moves helps prevent that initial top-heavy feeling. I’m sure there are more superior plans but I can maneuver it around my shop by myself without any problems.

Comment

To my knowledge, Ridgid does not make a mobile base for this jointer. I have a Delta Universal mobile base on mine; I bought it at Lowe's, but you can find it at a wide variety of places that carry woodworking tools.

Comment

This is what I used the HTC-2000. It's easy to put together and works well IMO.

www.woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=926-908
        NO NO NO- I engineered it to look like that!! Crooked-HA!

Comment

I used the Delta universal base for mine also. Unless they have introduced one recently, Ridgid does not make one.

Comment

I built one from scrap lumber and about $10 for casters. It took only a few minutes, and am completely satisfied with it.

Place a board (2x4) under the legs, crosswise to the feed direction. Attach through the leveling screw holes (I actually used the leveling screws to attach it, so I wouldn't lose them). Attach the casters outside of the standard cabinet. (Swivel casters provide support in the axis where they touch the floor. When swiveled under the machine, it is narrower than the attachment point. With a narrow machine like the JP610 it can be unstable if the effective width of the base is any narrower, but is perfectly stable if the casters are out an inch or two.

Comment

I built the Wood Magazine mobile base for my jointer. However I spent about as much on hardware and wood as if I would have bought the HTC 2000 or the Delta base.

Comment

dito the htc 2000
                fits perfectly

Comment

The HTC base looks exactly like the Craftsman mobile base that I use for my planer and TS. For those that are using this for their jointer, is it stable or does it feel top heavy?

Comment

mcooke, no it doesn't feel top heavy at all. I was suprised at how well it actually does. As far as it looks like your craftsman- it is the same for the exception your wheel color is red and the stickers, and I believe $20 more!
                    Scott

Comment

did you folks who used the htc 2000 and other mobile bases leave on or take off the ridgid leveling feet?
                      thanks

Comment

You leave them on. You assemble the moble base and just lift (Eaiser said than done) it up and set it down in the base.
                        Scott

Comment

It drives me nuts when I find out I could have bought something at a lower price! I only paid $10 more for it at Sears but it still stinks. I checked Amazon.com and they're selling the HTC 2000 for $52.99 with free shipping. I think I'll make that order and put one under my jointer.

Comment

Just in general, on mobile bases, HTC and Shop Fox can't hold a candle to the Delta "one pedal" design. No bending and no time taken to move things. BTW---if you end up designing your own base, but want the pedal/castor, Rockler sells them separately.
                            Dave

Comment

Follow up/ I wasn't happy with the stability of my jointer when on the htc mobile base. I took the leveling legs off and sat it directly on the base.Much better IMHO

Comment

Working...
                              X