X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power requirements for TS2424?

Cost of purchasing a table saw is a factor I must consider seriously. I like the looks of the General contractors series of saws and the Powermatic 64A contractors saws.
    However, the amperage drawn by these saws almost necessitates using 220V single phase.
    I've tripped circuit breakers on my one 110V power outlet before when other applicances come on in the house. It's a rental unit and I have permission to put a branch circuit off of the existing 220V dryer outlet. Again, cost. I'd install the conduit and wires and pay a licensed electrician for final hook-up. Maybe $20 to $50 for materials? Twenty minutes for contractor equals $65. Cost is mounting.
    I'm looking more at the TS2424. What experience have others had using 110V on a 15 amp circuit with this saw? Is it a "soft start" motor. More precisely how much amperage is required to get the puppy moving? Most induction motor suppliers recommend a circuit with twice or even three times the rated amperage for startup. What's the info on the Emerson motor on the TS2424? Am I gonna trip a ciruit often? Occasionally? Everytime I start the saw?
    Info greatly appreciated. Have money and it's burning hole in pocket! I wants a saw now!

Rob. I have the TS-2424 in my shop, I have not had any problems with the saw triping brakers. The Line I have to the shop has my shop lights as well as out side light, The lights do dim a bit on start up but come right back up. I also run my shop vac on the line with no problem when the saw is running. I love the TS-2424. It's a great saw I've had no problems with is in the two years I've had it. Check out some of the other post to see what other Ridgid owners saw about the saw. Hope this is of some help.
    Regards Daniel Maloney

Comment

I ran my TS2424 on a 15a 110v circuit when it was in my garage with no problem. I was even able to run a space heater at the same time.
      When I built my new shop I converted it to 220. I have noticed that it spins up faster and does not seem to loose as many RPMs when cutting thicker stock since. That is primarily since you will get less voltage drop on a properly installed 220 circuit. In addition the motor will operate more efficiently and cooler at 220, thus making the motor last longer.

Just a quick thought on the first reply, it is not a good idea to have your saw on the same circuit as your lights if you can at all avoid it. If you trip the breaker, the saw will take a little time to spin down and stop, so you will have a blade spinning at several thousand RPMs and you won't be able to see it. remember a TS has no concience and is very unforgiving.

Just my .02

-Rob

-Rob<br /> <a href=\"http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~robritch/</a> <br />Damn, I hit the wrong nail again. Ouch that hurts

Comment

Working...
      X