Ridgid MS1290LZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid MS1290LZ

I have 2 Ridgid MS1290LZ Sldg compound miter saws and on one it is getting very hard to move the table to different miter settings, I have oiled and blown and vacuumed and it didn't seem to be getting any better so I'm trying to remove the top from the bottom to clean it out and it will not come apart. I've pryed and beat on it, I'm affraid I'm going to break it. Anyone have a suggestion how to get them apart. And yes I did remove the bolt from the middle. Thanks

Re: Ridgid MS1290LZ

Originally posted by clicklock View Post
    I have 2 Ridgid MS1290LZ Sldg compound miter saws and on one it is getting very hard to move the table to different miter settings, I have oiled and blown and vacuumed and it didn't seem to be getting any better so I'm trying to remove the top from the bottom to clean it out and it will not come apart. I've pryed and beat on it, I'm affraid I'm going to break it. Anyone have a suggestion how to get them apart. And yes I did remove the bolt from the middle. Thanks
    One thing I initially did to prevent goop from getting to the pivot under the throat plate was to cover the pivot with really good tape. That kept dust out of the area. I used clear packing tape, so I could see if dust was leaking past the tape seal. Dust can also work its way underneath the overhang at the very back of the throat-plate well, and it is a good idea to blow that out, or better yet vacuum it out, after each work session.

This has nothing to do with your problem, but I also made a zero-clearance throat plate that is not held in place by screws (the fence overlap holds it nicely), and since it is easy to remove I can quickly check and clean out the well area underneath, as well as the overhang area at the back. In addition, I installed a deflector plate under the opening to the dust extractor port that helps to keep dust out of the back area of the saw. (You need a good vacuum device attached to make this worthwhile, however.) It is held in place by a wing nut and screw, with a small hole drilled in the bottom of the opening. A photo of the plate is attached.

I did a lengthy review of the saw a while back, and you should be able to locate that reveiw on this site by doing a search of my name. Reviewed several other Ridgid tools, as well.

Howard Ferstler
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X