X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridge T1300 motor replacement

My motor runs slow. I need instructions on how to remove the motor. It is not worth paying someone else to do this.

Re: Ridge T1300 motor replacement

Sounds like your motor is on it's way out. Motor replacement is not that difficult on most tools. Basically just look at the replacement motor that needs to go in and see what parts need to come off the old one to make the exchange. If you are in wonder, take pictures with your digital camera as reference ... you should have no problems, just make sure it is unplugged
    Free woodworking plans

Comment

Have you tried replacing the brushes and belt?

If you truly need a motor replacement, and can't find one, I've read that the Steel City portable planer is essentially the same as the TP1300....I can't vouch that it's true but might be worth a look....hopefully some TLC will bring it back to life.

Comment

Originally posted by bgotro View Post
        My motor runs slow. I need instructions on how to remove the motor. It is not worth paying someone else to do this.
        is this a tp1300? is it gray in color? if it is, it carries a lifetime warranty based on the serial number reagardless of whether or not you are the original owner. i'd check with ridgid CS to verify and if, as i suspect, it is a lifetime warranty, i'd get it to a ridgid authorized service center and have them deal with it for free. just my $.02.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

A motor wearing out from usage is not covered by that old lifetime warranty unless it happens to be caused by a factory defect of some sorts. On the other hand, if you registered that planer into the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement Program then you will get a new motor free of charge even if it did just wear out.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

wouldn't the wear and tear vs. defect be something that an authorized service center could determine? also, are tools that were manufactured prior to the advent of the LSA elligible for the program?
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
              wouldn't the wear and tear vs. defect be something that an authorized service center could determine? also, are tools that were manufactured prior to the advent of the LSA elligible for the program?
              It would only seem logical to me that if a motor, or anything else for that matter, that is years old and had a manufacturers defect in it the problem would have reared its ugly head a long time ago. I doubt if any service center would do that diagnostic service for free either if it turned out to be not a manufacturers defect.

As for tools manufactured before the inception of the LLSA being eligible for that program the answer was yes. At the time the LLSA was put into effect owners of the older gray Ridgid tools were allowed to grandfather their tools into the program if they registered them. At that time, there was a time limit in which to do that. That time limit has long since past so it's too late now for anyone who didn't do it then. Myself and many others here took advantage of that offer at that time and now our older gray Ridgid tools are covered by the LLSA.
              Last edited by BadgerDave; 01-21-2011, 06:05 PM.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I agree with BadgerDave: The original "Lifetime Warranty" was against defects in material and workmanship (very much like the current "Lifetime Warranty" on Emerson-made Ridgid Shop Vacs.

Usually such defects will show up within weeks or months, though I suppose it could be longer. But, nothing lasts forever, especially motors and I would suspect that even with the best of materials and workmanship they will wear out.

I have a "gray" DP1550 and it is registered into the LLSA system. Two ways that could happen, one being the "grandfathering" registration that BD mentioned, and the other being if you bought the tool during the introductory period in 2003 when the "orange" line of Ridgid tools were introduced and for that period, all Ridgid tools were granted the LLSA.

CWS

Comment

Working...
                X