X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID 13" Thickness Planer problem

I have a model TP1300 13" thickness planer that i purchased from Home Depot for a discount because it was their floor model and the newer model was being sold. SO, i am guessing it is new and not used, but the first time i used it, the board is not going all the way through. in other words, when i push a 2 X 4 into the machine, the rollers are not pulling the entire board through. i can see the rollers spinning and they are flexing up an down with the thickness of the wood. what could be the problem? thanks

Re: RIDGID 13" Thickness Planer problem

set the depth of cut a little deeper. The rollers have to have enough pressure on them to feed the wood. If the wood is warped (which a 2 x 4 probably is) then the rollers will press where it is bowed up, but will lose traction when the wood bends down.

Go
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Re: RIDGID 13" Thickness Planer problem

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
      set the depth of cut a little deeper. The rollers have to have enough pressure on them to feed the wood. If the wood is warped (which a 2 x 4 probably is) then the rollers will press where it is bowed up, but will lose traction when the wood bends down.

Go
      This sounds like very good advice and I would start with it. Since the feed rollers are turning, that is a good sign. Maybe try a piece of wood that is known to be flat and see what happens. Good luck and post your results.

Red
      Red

Comment

Working...
      X