X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box joints

I will be making box joints on the tablesaw with a dado head. Dose any one have a smiple way of making a jig that can be made in one day? I know that a piece of wood should be on the bottom to keep the cuts all at the same hight. Thanks for the help.
    Andy B.

I need the replies 10/7/2001 @ 12 noon. Sorry for the rush.
    Andy B.

Comment

Dose any one have Ideas on the jig? I need replies by 6:00 P.M. today!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img]
      Andy B.

Comment

Sorry this is so late, I guess few people read this site on Sunday. Anyway, the jig to do a box joint is a simple jig.

Place a piece of stock that’s about 1" x 3" vertically against the miter gauge. Set your dado to the width of the joints you'd like to make. Make a pass over the blade to cut a slot. Move the stock over twice the width of the blade and make another pass. Take care in making this cut. It will determine the fit of your joints. Mount the stock to the miter gauge, being careful not to move it. Glue a small piece of stock into the first cut made that sticks out about 1/2"

To make the cuts, place the stock that you are going to use for the joint vertically against the facing board and against the small piece of stock glued into the facing board and clamp into place. Make a pass over the blade, then move the stock over one notch and make the next cut. Continue on to finish out the joint.

Comment

JS is right . But if I could ad to that. You can cut both pieces at the same time buy butting the piece you are joining to against the block of wood. This way you get identical cuts (at least that's the way norm did it).
          Semper Fi <BR>Chuck<BR>USMC 66-70

Comment

Mark's got a link to a really great jig:
            http://www.markswoodshop.com/

Look for "Lynn' Jig"
            It\'s all in the name: Bucheron (FR)= woodchopper

Comment

Thanks for the help!
              Andy B.

Comment

Oh I forgot to say this. I will be using a jesad(sp) dado set with shims.
                Andy B.

Comment

Working...
                X