X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planer question

I have a TP1300 and I am having a problem with the infeed roller. If I try to run a board through the planer and take less than a 16th of an inch, the infeed roller will not grab the board. The board will go straight to the cutter and then get grabbed by the outfeed roller. This causes lots of snipe on the beginning of the board. If I take off more than a 16" I don't have any problems.

Can I adjust the infeed roller or do I need to replace it...or something else.

Help!

Thanks

Is your infeed table extension flat? If it was sloped down that could cause the behaviour you are seeing.

Comment

Hello,
      After planing some exotic woods such as bloodwood, and rosewood etc, I found that my rollers had become coated with the woods natural oils. After cleaning them with a denatured alcohol solvent, and rewaxing my infeed table, my similar problem went away. Now I clean my rollers regularly.

Phil

Comment

I had a problem with snipe at the beginning and end of the board. After leveling the tables, the problem went away.
        Out of the box, there was quite a step leading into the rollers.
        Waxing the tables also really helped out. The boards now jump to there fate.
        As for cleaning the rollers, I've had my TP1300 for two days and haven't crossed that bridge yet.
        Rob Johnson
        Orange,Ca.
        Just tilt your head a little and it will look straight!

Comment

Working...
        X