X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Ridgid displays at Home Depot

Has anyone noticed that the Ridgid displays at Home Depot have gotten really bad. The Home Depot I shop at used to have the Ridgid tools all spread out and fully set up. Now they have them all shoved together in a space about 8' by 8'. Some of the tools are missing parts and or don't have prices attached. Everything is covered in a thick layer of dust.
    They have also started to get rid of several Ridgid accessories. I heard this is because they are being offered through the website, but the website prices are full retail and the store was always cheaper.
    I think Home Depot is dropping the ball on Ridgid. I hope Emerson uses this as leverage to start offering Ridgid products everywhere. The success of Ridgid is currently reliant on the support from Home Depot.
    I bring this all up because I am interested in purchasing the 13" planer, but the lifetime warranty is no good if Ridgid goes under because of Home Depots crappy marketing.

The HD store I frequent has a pretty impressive setup of Ridgid tools. They are bunched together in the tool area and some along the main aisle in the store.

But, the Table Saw I hope to soon buy, the display's fence is broken as it won't lock down. I agree with you about HD on one thing i that Ridgid products, along with everything else at HD, is not being agressively promoted.

Comment

The Home Depot I frequent (my wife would say "live at") used to have a nice display of Ridgid shop tools in the covered way at the entrance. All of the tools were assembled and clean and one could futz around to one's heart's delight. A month or so that display was taken down. Now you have to search around, and what you find is sometimes helpful (the MS was fully set up in the tools seciont) and sometimes not (the two TSs were half assembled, dirty, and lacking in any info re: features.

------------------

Comment

I'll second what's been said in the previous posts. A TS2424 sat upside down on a cart partially assembled for about a month, covered with dust. Now the saw is setting upright and the top is all rusty and mobile base not installed. Ridgid tools jammed in a too small area. This is pretty much true of all tools, however. I downloaded instruction manual for 2424 before I bought and examined the carcass of what was on display at HD. No price tag on saw. they had to go lookl it up on computer before they could tell me price. It's a fairly new store and perhaps help is hard to find, but after waiting for a HD to open in our area I'm getting more and more discouraged. Shopped at a Lowe's in another cit.....was impressed.
        Dick

Comment

You guys are worrying me! I'm going to have to ask my friendly tool man at HD if anything is going on with this. I hope there's nothing to it as I'm a fairly new owner of a Ridgid TS2424 (not even together yet) and kind of liked the idea of Home Depot & Ridgid together.

Comment

Did you get a good price on your 2424 Table Saw? Has not been a sell here for some time.

Comment

Same problem appears to be happing to our store. Several items are presently on closeout, and the display area is not what it used to be. According to the store all items will still be availble through HD but will be a special order item. They are only closing out the slow movers. Guess we'll see.
              It\'s not the quantity or quality of your tools that matters....<br />It\'s all in the firewood that\'s left over.....

Comment

I have to tell you that I've checked my local Home Depot out and the Ridgid display is looking good as always. Must be an individual store thing.

cwmoser

The TS was a birthday gift from my wife but, yes, she got a good deal. That was around the holidays however. Some health issues have kept me from setting it up....hopefully soon.

JJ

Comment

I've noticed the same kind of problems at one of the Home Depot in my area. At the other store the Ridgid display area is better,but it not as nice as it was a year ago. I have a feeling about this. I work for a major grocery store chain. You'll see stores at look real nice with displays of major brands that are full, neat and clean. Then other stores in the same chain that are dirty with junkey looking displays. It all comes down to the store manager staff. It does'nt matter to them how the store looks. I'm hoping htis is the problem with some of the Home Depots. I also hope that the suits at Ridgid see these posts and look in to the problem. I know that Ridgid pays good money to Home Depot in order for them to carry there product line, it sound like they are not getting their money's worth. How it's time for some at Ridgid to replay. Let all of your Ridgid Power Tool owener that all is well with the company and that someone will be looking in to this problem. I'll be happy to let them know what stores are in my area.
                  Regards Daniel J. Maloney

Comment

Dainiel -- Evidentally, Ridgid does care. Someone from Ridgid has already sent me email that they are concerned about the presentation of their products. Don't be surprised if Ridgid contacts you too.

Comment

I have two Home Depots within driving distance. At one the Ridgid display is a mess. At the other it is neat,clean,well lit and everything works.A little qc is in order!

Comment

Maybe this is why Lowes is kicking HD pants every time I go in there. HD has much to offer but they are a mess. Can't get help, poor displays, equipment left to get torn to hell, etc. They are living on their reputation and it is going to back fire on them. I wish Lowes carried Ridgid.
                        Thank you,<BR>Bob<BR>Model Railroader and Ship Modeler<BR>BT3000SX Cult Member

Comment

Very interesting comments and I concur. I am getting quite frustrated in my quest to research and purchase a new TS (leaning towards the TS2424 due to comments read here). Poor displays and poor sales staff make spending the money all the harder. I must say that discovering this page and forum has been more help than the countless hours and drive time to differnt HD's to "look and touch". It's a shame that the customers on this forum are not getting credit for the "sale".

Comment

I am also disapointed in the way Home Depot handling the Ridgid line. Frankly the only reason I go into Home Depot anymore is to check out the Ridgid tools. I wish others would carry Ridgid so us consummers would have more choices to who we trade with.

This weekend I went to HD and they was having a sale on thier Ridgid Dust Collectors and Air Filtration Systems....the guy said they don't sell many of them and they was going to discontinue them. I bought me the last Dust Collector DC2000 they had as a display. Regular price was $249 sale price $149 and $20 off because of display model for $129

Comment

I would think after all these negative post about the poor displays of Ridgid Power tools at The Home Depot. That some kind of action would have been taken. But from the looks of thing at The Home Depot in Newport News VA. Home Depot is still doing a poor job. The display area is dirty, parts are missing from some of the tools. And they have a display of the Ridgid Lathe that has the same peice of wood on it it's had for at least 10 month. In short if The Home Depot is trying to sell Ridgid tools to those who dont know just how good the are, are not going about it the right way. Are you listening Powers That Be. The Home Depot is not giving Ridgid the quality dispalys it should. Would you try to sell a top of the line car that was covered with dirt and had parts missing. If I could I would take some pictures or video to show just how bad it is. Like most of those who own Ridgid Power tools go to The Home Depot for that reason. And when Im shopping there and see someone looking at the Ridgid Tools I tell them that I own them and just how good they are. If someone at Ridgid could tell me what I could do to halp change thing at The Home Depot I would. Just Email me. I'll give you my home phone and address. But please lets do something soon.
                              Dan
                              Dan<br /> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/pepaw101\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/pepaw101</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X