X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust on jointer

How do you all protect your Ridgid jointers from rusting? My shop is a cool 30 degrees right now and since I share it with the vehicles it gets moisture in there. I cover my top with Johnson's paste wax. I have heard others who pile two big blankets on top. Any advise?

Re: Rust on jointer

I use the blanket technique also. Here, our temperatures range from 9o F or more in Summer to 20 F or more below zero in Winter.. that's -20 F to -30 F. I've got a couple of old quilt's or thick blankets that I use to cover the tools in the garage.. works well for me. It seems to keep the moist air away from the steel so there is no condensation onto the steel to form rust.
    Been doing that for years with wood working machinery in my shed or garage.
    Charlie

Comment

Thanks Charlie! I hve always covered things to keep dust off but I can add some weight to my covers with blankets.

Comment

You're welcome .. I have a couple of blankets or quilts I use ( kinda raggy old things rescued from the garbage) plus an old poncho. I put a blanket on the tool, then poncho then blanket. I really does not seem to make much of a difference if the poncho ( weak moisture barrier) is used or not. Two blankets ( or similar bulky items) seem to work well.
        Charlie

Comment

Working...
        X