Got The TS3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeBeDealing:

159.20 - 50 MIR = 109.20 for a new in the box BT3100!
    tax was 13.56 so I'm looking at $122.76 Out the door.

Thank you so much!
    For $300, I'm not a huge fan of the BT. At anywhere near this price, I confident there's not a better deal on a new saw going right now....outside of a gift of course! Congrats and enjoy!

Comment

...109.20 for a new in the box BT3100![/QB]
      I know guys that have spent that much for a blade! Most of those dangerous hunka-junka tabletop specials are $100! I know the parts are worth more than you paid...

Comment

After over a year of saving, yesterday at HD I had a toolfest field day, 12" Mitre Slide, Bench sander, 9212b 4 pce combo, grinder, orbital palm sander, dewalt portable stand (which fits the 12" mitre saw perfect - after 2 existing holes were enlarged)and last but not least the TS 3650 table saw; all Ridgid except the stand. HD would not except the 10% off coupon or get into discussion on discount, had to talk to 3 people to get the MS 1290LZ down from 599 to 569 as it was labeled in the tool dept.

As a result of this forum, checked the measure scale on the TS 3650 table saw, its off, mine starts at 14" at 1/64th and progresses up thru 36" where its just over 1/16th off. Will let you guys know how Ridgid respond to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by DHead:
          After over a year of saving, yesterday at HD I had a toolfest field day, 12" Mitre Slide, Bench sander, 9212b 4 pce combo, grinder, orbital palm sander, dewalt portable stand (which fits the 12" mitre saw perfect - after 2 existing holes were enlarged)and last but not least the TS 3650 table saw; all Ridgid except the stand. HD would not except the 10% off coupon or get into discussion on discount, had to talk to 3 people to get the MS 1290LZ down from 599 to 569 as it was labeled in the tool dept.

As a result of this forum, checked the measure scale on the TS 3650 table saw, its off, mine starts at 14" at 1/64th and progresses up thru 36" where its just over 1/16th off. Will let you guys know how Ridgid respond to this one.
          That's quite a haul!
          Check the front rail by laying it's front face on a flat surface. I think you'll find a curve on the right end, in my case it was curved down as it lays on the flat surface, which was outward when mounted on the saw.
          I'm sure Ridgid will take care of you. I suggest asking to speak with Brian.
          ken
          Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

159.20 - 50 MIR = 109.20 for a new in the box BT3100!
            tax was 13.56 so I'm looking at $122.76 Out the door.

Thank you so much!

Sorry I went with the Ryobi
            You can't be blamed for that, at that price.
            I had a Ryobi BT3000 for a few years and sold it when I got the 3650. I enjoyed working with it.
            For an overload of info on the 3100, and lot's of nice folks, visit bt3central.com.
            ken

Comment

Ken,

Checked both rails with a DTI, they are both spot on and level with table surface at all points front and rear, also checked the distance between rails with a DRO Vernier caliper and found the max differential is 0.003", that was in the area where the end rod is located. When I used the vernier to check the scale it confirmed what the fat max indicated. Will contack Brian as you suggested. Appreciate your help, thanks.

Comment

I have also checked my front rail and it is bent, I contacted Ridgid support and they said I would have to take it to a service center to get a new one ordered.

Did Ridgid support send you a new front rail or did you have to go to a service center?

Comment

Ken,

Here is the reply I got from Ridgid:

RIDGID Response: (12/14/2005 11:50)
                  David:

As the manufacturer, we are not receiving wide spread similar reports of rip scale problems with the TS3650 from other customers. However, that does not mean that it is not possible for some scales to be improperly printed.

1/32" is not a considerable amount with a 14" wide piece of stock, neither is 3/32" at 36", given the consideration of the nature of wood, which is to move, shift, distort, and bow when exposed to various temperatures and levels of humidity. It is not like working with metal in a machine shop where exact precision is usually required.

If you feel that the scale is defective and unusuable, I would recommend contacting your nearest Ridgid authorized service dealer to have them check it and replace it under warranty, if they determine it to be unusable.

Just more hassle. I am thinking it would be faster & easier to return unit to HD, check and check replacement before I accept another.

Comment

That is the most pathetic crock of BS I have ever heard. (Well it's up there in the top 10 anyway).
                    I would try speaking to a CS supervisor and see if you can't get them to send you a new scale.

What ever happened to the new and improved, more involved moderators we were promised? Jake would never have let this get by him.
                    Lorax
                    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Ken,

Here is the reply I got from Ridgid:

RIDGID Response: (12/14/2005 11:50)
                      David:

As the manufacturer, we are not receiving wide spread similar reports of rip scale problems with the TS3650 from other customers. However, that does not mean that it is not possible for some scales to be improperly printed.

1/32" is not a considerable amount with a 14" wide piece of stock, neither is 3/32" at 36", given the consideration of the nature of wood, which is to move, shift, distort, and bow when exposed to various temperatures and levels of humidity. It is not like working with metal in a machine shop where exact precision is usually required.

If you feel that the scale is defective and unusuable, I would recommend contacting your nearest Ridgid authorized service dealer to have them check it and replace it under warranty, if they determine it to be unusable.

Just more hassle. I am thinking it would be faster & easier to return unit to HD, check and check replacement before I accept another.
                      That's crap and nothing like the support I had. Call them, the number is on the manual.
                      ken

Comment

Hi Ken,

Things are on the up & up, here is the latest from Ridgid:

Your Question/Problem:
                        Hello, Last week we discussed this item and the fact that the scale on the front guide is off. While you feel this is not significant, I do. Right now the saw is working full ahead, with a woodcraft self adhesive scale stuck over the Ridgid one, looks terrible but its accurate. We were wondering if it would be possible for customer service just to send us a new scale, as the Ridgid one is also self adhesive, we can take care of the removal and reapplication of the replacement upon receipt. This solution would suit everyone best I am sure. Please let me know. Thank you. Best Regards, David

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RIDGID Response: (12/19/2005 11:24)
                        David:

I will arrange to have an order placed with customer service to have both the right and left adhesive rip scales shipped to your Houston, TX address.

Tom C.

Comment

Ken,

On another note related to the 3650, what in your opinion is the best way to take care of out-feed support? Do you know of an after market product or have exposure with the new Ridgid tilt stand?

Appreciate your help, thanks.

Best Regards,
                          David

Comment

On the Ridgid tilt stand. I've been useing them for two years now. They are worth the money.
                            Andy B.

Comment

The Ridgid FlipTop stands are great, get two if you can because you will find them very useful.

Comment

Ken,

On another note related to the 3650, what in your opinion is the best way to take care of out-feed support? Do you know of an after market product or have exposure with the new Ridgid tilt stand?

Appreciate your help, thanks.

Best Regards,
                                David
                                Glad to hear Ridgid is coming thru for you, David. Don't do what I did and forget to mark the location of the tape on the rails before removing the old one!. That was yet another call to support. Brian walked out to their training shop and measured the tape location on one of their 3650's for me.
                                I have my assembly table behind the 3650 for outfeed support with it's height about 1/4" lower that the saw.
                                ken

Comment

Working...
                                X