Got The TS3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad state

Today, the replacement scale arrived in a bown bag with a poly bag inside containing the two scales, as you can imagine, the 36 incher was bent, twisted, kinked and bent all over with a fold here and there into the bargain. Tomorrow I will be sending it back (inside an old incra T-Track tube with a stiff rod inside. Hopefully they will have the sense to send a straight one back to me in that instead of the poly bag! Beware future TS'rs with this problem, request a tube not a bag for shipping it out, luckily my woodcraft cheepo is still holding out.

Comment

Originally posted by DHead
      Today, the replacement scale arrived in a bown bag with a poly bag inside containing the two scales, as you can imagine, the 36 incher was bent, twisted, kinked and bent all over with a fold here and there into the bargain. Tomorrow I will be sending it back (inside an old incra T-Track tube with a stiff rod inside. Hopefully they will have the sense to send a straight one back to me in that instead of the poly bag! Beware future TS'rs with this problem, request a tube not a bag for shipping it out, luckily my woodcraft cheepo is still holding out.
      Mine came in the same packing. I was amazed that the tape wasn't damaged.
      Good luck,
      ken
      Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

I've got the Ridgid flipstand, too, and really like it.

I'm adding my two cents on the TS3650: in general I like the machine. Have had it for just over a year. However, it has been impossible for me to get clean, flat-bottom cuts using my Freud Stacking Dado set. Also, when I put more than 1/2" stacked on the TS3650 arbor, it becomes impossible to tighten down the blades with the arbor nut. I've written Ridgid about this, they acknowledge that there's a problem with the arbors and suggest I take the saw to an authorized service center. This really bums me out; its not easy to get that big heavy saw to an authorized service center (at my expense). Frankly, I'd advise not investing in the Ridgid TS3650 and instead saving your nickles to buy the Dewalt table saw or a higher end Delta. Again, just my two cents.
        JC

Comment

Bought TS3650 Tues, Assembled yesterday, just went out and checked scale. Mine is right on all the way to 36", so it doesn't seem to be a defective part unless the tape is supplied by different manufacturers or the sole source had a Quality control problem with a batch or two.
          Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Response to JeffCam

JeffCam,

Do a search for "3650 arbor"
            Have Ridgid CS send you a new one.
            Replace it yourself.
            Problem solved.

As for the arbor nut problem with dadoes over 1/2", are you trying to use the arbor washer? You don't have to.
            Lorax
            "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
            X