Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got The TS3650

yesterday at HD!
    Been saving for awhile, and was about a hundred bucks away from the $549 price. I posted at BT3Central if anyone had 10% HD discount coupons available. One member posted that his HD had accepted a Harbor Freight 20% coupon on a Ridgid bandsaw. No way, thinks I, but I had one that was to expire Oct. 13. I called the closest HD and was promptly told NO. Called the next closest one (with a HF near by) and told 'Probably'.
    I printed the coupon and drove over. After 30 minutes of calls and discussions, I walked out with the 3650 for $439.20 + tax, $461.16 out the door!. I'm a happy camper.
    I've assembled it to the point of adjusting the front rail, will finish this morning.
    Thanks for the help I've received here so far, I'll be back pestering the heck out of y'all soon.
    ken
    Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Congratulations Ken, you will enjoy your new toy.. er.. tool. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine.

Jerry
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

deal! Enjoy your new saw. Psssssst......... when the wallet will cooperate, replace the OEM blade. You'll enjoy the saw even more.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks guys. The assembly is finally complete. Now, dang it, I have to lower the top of my workbench/outfeed table since the 3650 is shorter that the BT3K that was feeding it.
        Oh, another member at BT3Central in another state just grabbed a 3650 with the HF 20% coupon. ($463 out the door, no questions or hassle)
        May be a feeding frenzy starting.
        ken

Comment

Where's do you get that 20% coupon? I need a drill press.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael:
            Where's do you get that 20% coupon? I need a drill press.
            Here you go.
            http://ww2.harborfreightusa.com/show...eid=214&email=

This one expires tomorrow, but they send them out to their mailing list often. This one has been extended twice.
            ken

Comment

I'm that other guy from the BT3 forum that grabbed the 20% off TS3650 (Thanks to Ken!). I'll be milking that deal for as long as I can.
              I'll start assembly tomorrow. I'm going to read through assembly tips on this site tonight (also thanks to Ken). I just hope that this site is half as helpful as the BT3. Glad to be on board.
              Jason

Comment

Well, I have a problem with the new 3650.
                The darn tape measure is off! It's dead on up to 12" (probably not but these ole eyes think it is), about a 64th at 18", a 32nd at 24" and a 16th at 36". Called Ridgid and the tech verified my setup, etc., and is sending a new tape out today. Actually, the tech didn't seem surprised. If this is the biggest problem that comes up, I'm happy.
                Now, if I can ever get the *&^%$#@ lift and feet adjusted I can make some sawdust and build something.
                Ken

Comment

Nice deal Ken...enjoy and be safe!

Comment

Both my local HD's are clueless. What "deal" gets them to take a Harbor Freight coupon? What did you tell them to make this happen?
                    Integrity Counts!

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks to Ken for posting the coupon link above. I've been preparing (saving $$) to make my purchase of the 3650 for a couple months and was now ready. I decided to do one last quick search to see if there had been any major issues found since I previously did my research. Lucky I did, because it saved me another 10%. After one phone call to a store manager, an associate said they'd take the coupon, but did ask where Harbor Freight was. Luckily, we have one ~3 miles up the road from that Home Depot.

Unfortunately, all their in-stock 3650's were up on the top shelf, and the piece of equipment they use to get it down was on the fritz, so I wasn't able to bring it home today. I did go ahead and pay and use the 20% coupon, though.

I'll post again after I get it home, assemble, and begin to play!

Thanks again!

Scott

[ 10-23-2005, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: ScottyR ]

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal CC:
                        Both my local HD's are clueless.
                        Or the ones that accept the 20% coupon are clueless. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ken, your front rail might be bent. If so, a new tape won't fix the problem. That's quite a deal you got.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveG:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SoCal CC:
                          Both my local HD's are clueless.
                          Or the ones that accept the 20% coupon are clueless. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ken, your front rail might be bent. If so, a new tape won't fix the problem. That's quite a deal you got.
                          </font>[/QUOTE]Yes Steve, that was the problem. The new front rail came this morning and now the fence is dead on from zero to 36".
                          Now I can decide what I want to do for a router table extension for it.
                          I put a Ridgid T3 Titanium blade on it yesterday and the saw is even better than I thought it would be.
                          I'm a very happy camper.
                          ken

Comment

I have what may sound like a dumb question, but how do you get HD to accept a HF coupon?

Comment

Originally posted by L Turner:
                              I have what may sound like a dumb question, but how do you get HD to accept a HF coupon?
                              I don't think that there is any special trick to it. It seems to be a rather hit or miss deal. Some HD stores have been matching the HF coupon, others have not. From what I've seen reported, it sounds like it's up to the manager(s) of the individual stores.
                              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                              X