X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you get for Christmas?

Anybody get any new big boy toys for Christmas? I got a Ridgid 16 gallon wet/dry vac and a Wixey digital caliper....

Re: What did you get for Christmas?

Ridgid 7 1/4 circular saw and a Ridgid router combo!

Comment

A Jet benchtop spindle sander and a Stanley #62 low angle jack plane.

Attachment
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Bob D.; 01-01-2011, 08:11 PM.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I got a Ridgid spindle/belt sander, which was a complete surprise.

Something that had been in the back of my mind that I was going to need, but never mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cato View Post
          I got a Ridgid spindle/belt sander, which was a complete surprise.

Something that had been in the back of my mind that I was going to need, but never mentioned it.
          I like the design of the RIDGID Belt/Spindle sander, I just wish it was a little bigger and used a 6x48" belt, that would be the perfect size for a small shop. For the size belt used on the current model, I can mount my DeWalt belt sander in the sanding frame and use the included bench top stand to turn it into either a vertical or horizontal belt with almost the same usable belt area so I don't see the advantage for myself. I don't have room for a big horz belt sander like Grizzly and others sell, but one that used a 6x48" belt would be great plus there would be the economy of using the same size belts as my belt/disc sander so I wouldn't have to buy another size belt.

I think if someone came out with a horz belt sander in this size they would clean up.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I really didn't get much woodworking-related since I honestly don't need much. My wife got me a new full Kreg jig set but that was about it.

Comment

Took my gift cards and picked up a Ridgid 6" jointer. Couple of drill bit sets as well.

Comment

Jet 22-44 Drum Sander

Comment

Sawatzky,

How do you like your Router? I'm gonna buy one in the next few days to do fancy work on a bookshelf
                  ~When In Doubt Throttle Out~

~Anything Free Is Worth Saving Up For~

Comment

I got the Rigid Jobmax (multi tool) with hammer and ratchet head. Then my wife had me finish some trim work in her sewing room. I am not sure who the gift was for. It works great.

Comment

My lovely wife-to-be actually surprised me with a Ridgid 15" drill press and the 14" bandsaw. I can only imagine the guy at HD thinking how lucky I was. I was so happy considering I just finished building my shop. She said it was payback for giving her an engagement ring :-)

Comment

I really like the router. I have a PC 690, but I wanted one more powerful for table use. I thought about getting the Bosch 1617EVS but decided on the Ridgid due to features and price. This is my first router with variable speed, so I don't have anything to compare it too, but the soft start is great, variable speed is steady, and the router seems to have plenty of power. I have the fixed based mounted to the router table. It seems to work great for the router table with built in above the table height adjustment. The plunge base seems smooth, but you need to plunge it with even pressure on both handles. If you push harder on one handle than the other it sticks. Maybe that is just the way plunge routers are. Over all a great router combo so far, but I have not put it to heavy use yet.

Comment

Veritas Medium Shoulder Plane. I also got a couple early gifts from the Woodworking show...Carter guides and thrust bearing, plus a 16" mag fence for my bandsaw (older Ridgid 14") and the Grr-ripper.
                          Pete
                          My Blog - Second Wind Workshop
                          http://secondwindworkshop.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ridgid 3/8 inch VSR drill (corded) Wooo Hooo my old one died.

Comment

Hi there Everyone,

New to the Forum. Old Santa treated me better than I deserve but I think I've got a good start on things:
                              R4511
                              MS1290LZA
                              R4330
                              DP1550
                              WD1851
                              R32021

The TS went together really well. Still adjusting the MS. My wife says I'm tracking sawdust into the house.

Al .

Comment

Working...
                              X