BS1400 @ HD now cheaper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS1400 @ HD now cheaper

Now that I got mine, I can let you guys know that the BS1400 bandsaw is now down to $349.00 @ HD. It was $429 as recently as April, then dropped to $399.00. When I saw it at $349, I decided to take the plunge.

Kevin

2 weeks ago there was a used BS at the local HD for $300. I offered the dept. manager $200. He declined. I went back this past weekend intending to buy it for $300. It was gone!

I'm glad it was, now!!

This goes along with my 3612 purchase at $649 when you guys say it was selling everywhere else for $599. I guess we're just a little slower down here in Louisiana.

Any comments from RIDGID regarding this?
    keep makn\' sawdust!...just don\'t breath any.

Comment

Well, my TS3612 was $596, but then I had my trusty 10% off coupon too.

BTW, also had a trusty 10% coupon for the bandsaw which brought it to $314.10 before tax.

Kevin

[ 08-14-2003, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: kbrandon ]

Comment

OUCH!!!

Ya'll are killing me. Send me one of those coupons.

Comment

You can get a coupon of your very own. It's easy, just takes time (which you may not have in this case due to low stock). Anyway, all you have to do is a search in this forum for my post to a thread titled something like 10% HD coupon. There should be instructions there on how to get one of your very own.

In this case, I would get a 10% Lowes coupon (they will e-mail it so it is faster), then have my HD store match it. Depending on your local store, this may or may not work. It's still worth a try.

Kevin

Comment

Unless you had your 3612 assembled by HD, you paid too much. It debuted at $597 and has never been marked higher here in Dallas.
            Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Thanks for that comment Kelly. I actually found the receipt(July '02) and brought it to HD. I told the manager of the tool dept. that I must have been charges the "assembled" price. He cheerfully gave me a $50 hd Gift Card.

I'm happy. This forum has already made me money.

Comment

WOW!

Sounds like Louisiana HDs might actually still deliver customer service.

Anyway, now you can get the bandsaw even cheaper.

Kevin

Comment

... not to mention is 34 HP now (see this)! Diesel power?

Comment

Yup, I saw that 34HP spec this afternoon. Dang it!!! I bought mine on Thursday

Kevin

Comment

What happened to the LIFETIME WARRANTY?

Comment

Greg,

Two things...Buy one NOW because it will (should) still be the old version, which will have the lifetime warranty. It will say lifetime warranty on the box.

Two...Get one NOW in grey because that new dayglo orange will give you headaches.

Kevin

Comment

Gonna buy one this week. I would have bought one at lunch but, they couldn't find it.(computer said they had 2 in stock)I have to find a store that has one.

NEWSFLASH! The 3612 is on sale for $596!!! (some sale)

Comment

Greg,

Around here, you have to find your own stock at HD. Often in overhead storage on the aisles next to the tool area.

I have to say though that when I bought my bandsaw, I just told the guy I wanted a Ridgid bandsaw. He said, "hold on, I have to get a lift", then he was back in under 10 minutes with my saw.

I had already scouted out the stock anyway.

Kevin

Comment

I called ahead and they dad it waiting for me...with my name on it. It was loaded into the trunk of my car before I even paid for it. HMMMM? That may explain some inventory problems at HD.

Comment

Working...
                              X