X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My TS-3650 is now for sale

Its official. I ordered the new Unisaw. Unfortunately that means the TS-3650 and outfeed table
    must go to make room. Anyone interested send me a PM. I'm in Southern NJ, about 45 minutes
    from Philadelphia and 30 minutes from Wilmington, DE.

You can see more photos in this thread about the outfeed table.
    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7542
    Last edited by Bob D.; 01-17-2011, 09:50 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: My TS-3650 is now for sale

I listed my saw in the classified on Saw Mill Creek.
    Got some interest but no takers yet.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    ---------
    ---------

Comment

I know that you gotta pay a membership fee in order to post an ad on that site. Do you also have to pay to buy something off it? Just kidding but that fee thing for some reason just rubs me the wrong way.

Seriously, as nice a setup as you have there I doubt if it will take long at all to sell your saw.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

$6 changes a poster's status from member to contributor. that change allows one to review deals and discounts posted by others and allows for the posting of items for sale. as any economist knows, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

BTW, for bob d., is assistance with some disassembly possible for a buyer with limited vehicle space?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          I know that you gotta pay a membership fee in order to post an ad on that site. Do you also have to pay to buy something off it? Just kidding but that fee thing for some reason just rubs me the wrong way.

Seriously, as nice a setup as you have there I doubt if it will take long at all to sell your saw.
          The restrictions for non-contributors rubbed me the wrong way too BD. That site is now a for profit website, but still uses a ".org" suffix from it's original not for profit days. I had contributed a few times in the past because I liked the site, but the "for profit" emphasis has changed many aspects. Fortunately, there are still free classifieds on Lumberjocks.com, Woodnet.net, Woodworkingtalk.com, BT3Central.com, WoodMagazine.com, Familywoodworking.org, and Woodtalkonline.com, to name a few.

Good luck Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
            $6 changes a poster's status from member to contributor. that change allows one to review deals and discounts posted by others and allows for the posting of items for sale. as any economist knows, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

BTW, for bob d., is assistance with some disassembly possible for a buyer with limited vehicle space?
            Yeah, I get on there occasionally but paid the $6 so I could post the saw there in the classified section as I know its a huge site with many followers.

As far as assistance with disassembly how far do you want to break it down? The outfeed table comes off in about 3 minutes, just loosen four 5/16 nuts and lift it off. Everything (including the outfeed table when folded down) rolls on the Herc-U-Lift.

With three or four people it should be easy to lift into the back of a P/U for transport. I'm willing to provide the P/U truck if the move is less than 50 miles and the buyer supplies the manpower to load in a P/U, I can't do that by myself. If the drive is longer than that a small trailer might be the way to go.
            ---------------
            ---------------
            ---------
            ---------

Comment

Bob,

That's in terrific condition. Wish I lived closer and it was a few months from now (no place to put it at the moment)!

CWS

Comment

Here are some more up to date photos, though not the best quality as I grabbed them with a point and shoot camera so forgive the exposures.

The router table (but no fence); all 7 ZCIs (3 of which are new); and the outfeed table are included along with all the original parts and the manual. The base has been enclosed at the bottom and it will capture ~95% of the sawdust.

Attachment Attachment

Attachment Attachment

Attachment
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Bob D.; 01-12-2011, 09:43 PM.
                ---------------
                ---------------
                ---------
                ---------

Comment

Hi Bob!
                  It's great saw! Can i know price of this?
                  Alex.

Comment

Alex, in post #2 of this thread Bob has a link to his ad that is posted on another site. You can either click on the link he provided to see the ad or just send him a PM. His asking price IMO is a real bargain for that saw what with all the extra's he's including with it.
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

+1 on BDs comments. looks to be well set upand cares for. i hope it finds an appreicative home.
                      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Re: My TS-3650 is now SOLD

Thanks everyone for looking but the saw is now sold. I popped out an email to some friends last night with the photos I added to this thread yesterday and had three replies this morning, all wanting the saw just from looking at the pics. To be fair I gave it to the first responder (who emailed as well as called) judged by the time they sent the message as the email was sent to all at the same time. They will pick it up this weekend so the decks will be cleared for the new saw to arrive next Tuesday.

Looking back I see I never did post the price here; I thought I had.

Anyway it went for $350.00 cash with everything you see in the pics posted yesterday. Router table, ZCIs, outfeed table plus all the original equipment and accessories that came with the saw. Probably could have got another $50 but that's OK. It's going to a good home.
                        Last edited by Bob D.; 01-13-2011, 06:12 PM.
                        ---------------
                        ---------------
                        ---------
                        ---------

Comment

Bob that is a super deal. Someone will be very happy!
                          http://www.picturetrail.com/gid6255915

Comment

Thanks, I'm hoping I won't regret the sale later on. Not because I think the Unisaw will fall short but I will never be able to replace the TS-3650. In my mind there are few if any contractor style saws including the current crop of saws that beat it, and if they do its not by much.

I might have been better off just dragging it down in the basement. No room in the shop to keep it there. But I can see myself building up a basement shop over the next few years as I upgrade some of the tools in the shop now.

Anyway tonight after work it will be on its way to a new home.
                            ---------------
                            ---------------
                            ---------
                            ---------

Comment

Gone!

Yup. It's now on its way to a new home.

Wednesday (rescehduled from Tuesday) the Unisaw will arrive,
                              then its time to start putting it together and planning my next
                              outfeed table and maybe add a full stack of drawers under the
                              extension table on the right of the saw. I bought the mobile
                              base so I could build the drawers on top so it moves with the
                              saw as a unit.

Out feed table is first though. I can't see myself paying $400
                              for the Delta outfeed table. I can build a table just as good
                              for a quarter of that.
                              ---------------
                              ---------------
                              ---------
                              ---------

Comment

Working...
                              X