X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4512 table saw

Why is the R4512 not showing online on the Rigid website? Is it discontinued?

Re: R4512 table saw

Dan - I have no knowledge of the whereabouts of the R4512 on the website or of its availability at HD, but can tell you that if you can't find one, and you've decide that's the saw for you, the Craftsman 21833 is essentially the same saw from the same manufacturer AFAIK. It's on sale for $500 now.

Comment

FWIW, all 6 surrounding HDs near me have 4512s either in overheads or in the tool area. they all show a price of $499. i'd push for the 4512 over the cousin craftsman, if only for the lifetime service agreement the 4512 can be covered by with proper registration with ridgid.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

R4512 returns as a result on the HD website from here.

Comment

I just bought one today. $499 at home depot.

Comment

It was only introduced a couple of months ago, so I doubt that it's gone away already. Probably just a glitch on the website.

My two local Home Depots have just set theirs up a few weeks ago.

CWS

Comment

Please help me to know!
              Anyone know about SPECIFICATIONS of motor this TS? Does it work with 220V or Only 120V?
              Thank you!
              Alex.

Comment

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardw...atalogId=10053

I don't see reference to converting to 220, but why would you want to?

Comment

Originally posted by iamwelty2 View Post

Thank you for answer! It'll be use in country with 220V. May be anyone (owners) can you say about this spec. from owner's manual?
                  Alex.

Comment

Yes it is a dual voltage motor, 13/6.7 Amp. The Craftsman #21833 is listed as a 15/7.5 Amp motor.

Comment

Originally posted by ptsbob View Post
                      Yes it is a dual voltage motor, 13/6.7 Amp. The Craftsman #21833 is listed as a 15/7.5 Amp motor.
                      Thank you! To ptsbob - Do you have this TS?

Comment

Originally posted by iamwelty2 View Post

Reason for converting to 220 would be for better amperage demand. As you double the voltage, you half the amperage. So, if you're drawing 13 amps or so and are on a 15 amp/14 gauge line you're fairly close to pulling the maximum. So, if you could have an electrician move that particular circuit over to 220 and dedicate it to the saw, you'd only be drawing around six or seven amps through the same wire.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

YES!!!! The manual has all the instructions and diagrams to change it to 220 volts.

Originally posted by Alex_u View Post
                          Please help me to know!
                          Anyone know about SPECIFICATIONS of motor this TS? Does it work with 220V or Only 120V?
                          Thank you!
                          Alex.

Comment

I was informed by my local Home Depot tool guy that the dado insert for the 4512 is 080035003093 part number and he ordered several for a list of waiting customers through Granger supply, Ridgid's parts distributor. He said it would take 3 weeks or so.
                            Last edited by woodturner2006; 04-20-2011, 12:40 PM.

Comment

web page in your link shows the parts are backordered until the end of July.

Comment

Working...
                              X