X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAS

Anyone living in the Westfield, MA area that is looking for a Ridgid RAS? I have one that I would like to sell. It is a great saw in excellent condition, but I am running out of room in my shop and I need to make space for a Drill Press and Bandsaw. I will probably replace it with a Compound Miter Saw. I really don't want to get into the hassles of shipping such a big heavy object so only someone that can pick it up please. Just thought I would give people who appreciate Ridgid tools a shot at it before I put it in the want adds.
    Mark

I have an old Craftsman RAS that looks amazingly like a Ridgid (can anyone say Emerson Tool Co). After I got the TS3612, I was out of space and ready to replace the RAS with a compound miter saw. Then I checked left and right clearances for a good CMS. And saw that I really wanted a sliding CMS. By the time I was done dreaming, I had designed my RAS with a smaller table. Since it would cost more for the new CMS than I could sell the RAS for, I just built a new table for the old RAS. It has only been about a month, but "lived happily ever after" seems to stick in my mind.

Unless you need job site portability or something special like that, you might consider a smaller table on your RAS rather than selling it.

Comment

I sure wish you were here in Texas...it would already be in my shop!!
      Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Charlie, thanks for the suggestion. I really don't want to part with it, but I thought I might put the money towards other tools. I really want the CMS anyway because I plan on putting up quite a bit of crown and other molding as I start sprucing up the inside of my house. A then there is the space issue. Selling the RAS would help. However, I did a little looking around on EBAY and it is sad what some of the RAS's are going for...I'm not going to give it away. Maybe I'll just get the Herculift and move it around as needed.
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X