X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drilling through extension wing

I just got a router table extension for my table saw. It's a xm extension from MLCS. My question is can I drill holes in my cast-iron wing? Can you drill in cast-iron? Thanks for your help!

Re: Drilling through extension wing

I am not familiar with the extension you purchased and how it mounts, but yes, you can drill cast iron.

Use oil on your drill bit, slower RPM than for wood and keep firm pressure on the bit to keep it cutting (most folks don't realize that it is lack of forcing the bit to cut that burns/dulls your bit...keeping metal flowing across the cutting edge actually protects the cutting edges)

Comment

Thanks tomapple, It will mount on the rails. I thought if I could fasten it to the wing, I would get a little more support.Cast Iron Router Table Extension and Fence

Comment

If the extension table has the facility to bolt to the end of the saw table, I would drill some holes if it was me.

Comment

Just finished the router table today, I did drill holes into the extension wing. Everything worked out great. Thanks tomapple for your reply.

Comment

so where are the pics of the completed router table? i've thought about a mod like that and would like to see how yours was accomplished.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

OK I'll take some pics of the table. I haven't posted pics before, but I'll try.

Comment

Working...
              X