Looking for a Resawing Artist in Hampton Rds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Resawing Artist in Hampton Rds

I have 5 major Ridgid sawdust makers and can make holes all day long. One I don't have is a bandsaw. I am looking for someone in Hampton Rds, VA to assist me in resawing some oak for a ceiling application. Don't want to invest the 1K to get set up to perform a once only operation. From watching this site, I doubt I'd be able to get risers and all the additional dodadds needed to get a ridgid BS set-up anyway.

Mission: Resaw 8" X 3/4 stock to either 3/8ths or if the saw setup is capable, get three slices. I need to obtain 150sq ft. If I have to, I would (with some mild swearing and kicking), be willing to cut some of the wood down in width. I am willing to purchase a wood slicer type blade and additionally pay shop time. The wood is presently straight, planned and sanded on all surfaces.

I have went to Woodcraft, Yukon, numerous cabinet shops and cannot find anyone with the equipment to pursue this mission. Don’t ask why I’m using real oak, I’m just kind of goofy that way.

If you have the equipment and interest in an assist, or know of a good lead, please contact me at mailto:robert.a.olson@us.army.mil

[ 02-08-2004, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: bob Sr. ]
    Bob Sr.<br />Father of Bob-the-Builder

I noticed you have a military email address. Have you tried contacting one of the Seabee units to see if they might be able to help you out or know someone who can. They usually have some pretty good machinery in their shops and I believe there is a unit at Dam Neck or Oceana.

Comment

Not anywhere near your location. I just wanted to say that I don't think that using real oak for a home improvement is goofy. A sign of quality in a job maybe, but not goofy.
      I came...<br /><br />I saw...<br /><br />I changed the plans.

Comment

Originally posted by shoe:
        I noticed you have a military email address. Have you tried contacting one of the Seabee units to see if they might be able to help you out or know someone who can. They usually have some pretty good machinery in their shops and I believe there is a unit at Dam Neck or Oceana.
        Little Creek is where the Bees hang out in the Norfolk area. Appeal to their 'Can Do!' attitude

Bob D.
        UT2, NMCB21

Comment

Bob sr
          I am to far away to help you. But, I bought a HF 14" bandsaw and riser, total cost $219.00 + $50 for riser block. Put a good blade on and it works great. Resaw up to 12".
          SCWood

Comment

Bob -

There are several members over at the Saw Mill Creek forum that are from the central eastern VA area. You might make your offer over there on the Gen WW and Power Tools forum.

gator

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/

Comment

Working...
            X