Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Still in Woodworking?

Hello All,

I'm in the market for a good tablesaw and have been looking at the TS3650 - Seems to be pretty solid for the price. Anyway, in my search for more information, I saw a comment by someone stating that Ridgid is getting out of the woodworking tool business. This would have an impact on future service, parts, etc... Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Thanks in advance.

Very little in life is set in stone but RIDGID has claimed many times that they are committed to the woodworking tools bearing their name. Although Emerson doesn't actually make the tools anymore, they still are RIDGID tools. Hope that answers your question.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Ridgid brand will be around as long as Home depot can justify that it's profitable IMHO. I was reading their annual report and they are pretty committed to this. What you were reading about was Emmerson getting out of the wood tool business. they sold their manufacturing to OWT / RYOBI.

There is a possibility that parts will be an issue if Home Depot can't execute properly and don't create a brand name that sells to their already captive market. They do have a HUGE market share from location alone though, I would guess they will get over that stumbling block. Your judgement as to whether that makes sense to you is all I can offer. I dont' own any Ridgid, thats' just how I see it.

Jake

Comment

Working...
      X