Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my new TS3650 arbor today. What fun!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new TS3650 arbor today. What fun!!!

Took my RIDGID ts3650 table saw in for a new arbor this week. Had to leave it at the repair shop for a day (they had pre-ordered the new arbor for me). New arbor looks much improved -- threads go all the way to the shoulder with no reduction in diameter. Crossing my fingers that a dado head will work fine.

Luckily, I didn't have to take the entire saw in. I removed the base, extensions, motor and fence rails -- much lighter and easier just transporting the cabinet. I did, however, have to drive an hour each way to the service center. RIDGID needs to contract with more service centers!!

A bit of a hassle, but considering the short money I paid for the saw ($450 if you factor in the $100 Home Depot gift card special they were running), I figure it's a small price to pay for a pretty damned good saw.
    - Toolfreak

Originally posted by Toolfreak:
    RIDGID needs to contract with more service centers!!
    You are 100% correct about that. I haven't yet but if I ever needed to have service work done, I'd have to make a drive similiar to the one that you had to make. The only major tool companies that don't have an authorized service center here are RIDGID and Bosch.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
    X