X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS 1400 resaw ?

Fellows i need some help on the purchase of the proper size blade for resawing hard woods such as red oak, walnut etc. Some articles say 3/4" 3 tooth hook set, some say 1/2" 4 teeth with skip. I'm new to resawing and need your help.
    Also a company to purchace from online

A 3 tooth hook blade seems to be the consensus of most, but I wouldn't use a 3/4" blade with the 14" BS as it is hard to get the correct tension. A 1/2" blade should be good. There are blades out there that stand out when resawing, but I cannot remember the company(s) name. Perhaps someone could share that as well.

Comment

In his video "Mastering the Bandsaw", Mark Duginske teaches techniques with a 1/2", 3 tpi, hook tooth blade.
      I check it out of the local library when I'm feeling arogant about my bandsaw skills.
      xman
      It\'s all in the name: Bucheron (FR)= woodchopper

Comment

Timeberwolf blades seem to be the one to get.

Aaron

Comment

Thanks for the help fellows, will check with timberwolf and a friend said also look into Olson blades

Comment

Timberwolf seems to be the blade of choice nowadays. Try Suffolk Machinery for good prices (suffolkmachinery.com). They are also very helpful in determining the correct type of blade to use. I am currently using a 5/8" 3tpi hook Olsen for resawing on my BS1400. It's a good blade. My next blade, however, will probably be a Timberwolf. Hope this helps.

Jim
            Jim

Comment

Thanks Jim, sorry for the slow reply but i've been out of town for a couple of days. I guess you settled it, Timberwolf it is. I'll call them first thing in the morning.

Comment

Has anyone any experience with resawing Mesquite? And does the same blade advice apply?

Comment

Michelle' I called Suffolk Machinery today and talked to them about blades for resawing hardwoods. The gentleman was very knowledgeable and most helpful. He suggested i buy a 3/4" blade for my BS1400, said it was a good all around blade for resawing. Also on there website they have an article on how to tension there blades to get maximum performance and wear (this is very important with their blades). I also ordered a 3/16" blade while i was at it for smaller details. their number is 1-800-234-7297, they are worth a call.

Hope this helps
                  Ronnie

Comment

Working...
                  X