Dumb Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question

I've been researching table saws all winter & have decided the Rigid R4510 will suit my needs the best....but in all my research, I cannot find what the dado capaity of this saw is. I assume it will hande a 3/4" dado setup ?
    ...Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Dumb Question

Welcome to the forum.

Doing a search for: R4510 dado

Returns the following threads that indicate the saw will accomodate a 6" dia - 3/4" stack dado

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35903

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35342

Comment

Thanks, saw the 1st linked post...didn't dig deep enough to find the 2nd.
      Now if the weather wpuld just warm up, I can get back to work in my (unheated) garage/shop.

Comment

IT is spec'd at 3/4", but some have noted that they had to leave off the washer when putting the nut back on, as there was little thread left otherwise (not safe).

I also saw a couple of posts for the R4510 in which some noted that their arbor shaft had a sliver of unthreaded shaft toward the motor side that resulted in the first plate being off-set (down further) from the others. Don't know if that problem has been "fixed". If not, it would seem that taking that outer washer and sliding it on first (before the dado plates) would fix that, but would obviously result in a slightly less than 3/4" total capacity, as it's pretty tight already (see paragraph 1).

I have had good results from using a 8" stack (with the splitter / knife lever moved out of the way), although I am admittedly probably pushing it harder than I should. Most others posting here seem to recommend sticking with a 6" stack, as recommended in the manual.

RC
        RCx

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."
        --Theodore Roosevelt, "The Strenuous Life," April 10, 1899

Comment

Originally posted by rcxrc View Post
          IT is spec'd at 3/4", but some have noted that they had to leave off the washer when putting the nut back on, as there was little thread left otherwise (not safe).

I also saw a couple of posts for the R4510 in which some noted that their arbor shaft had a sliver of unthreaded shaft toward the motor side that resulted in the first plate being off-set (down further) from the others. Don't know if that problem has been "fixed". If not, it would seem that taking that outer washer and sliding it on first (before the dado plates) would fix that, but would obviously result in a slightly less than 3/4" total capacity, as it's pretty tight already (see paragraph 1).

I have had good results from using a 8" stack (with the splitter / knife lever moved out of the way), although I am admittedly probably pushing it harder than I should. Most others posting here seem to recommend sticking with a 6" stack, as recommended in the manual.

RC
          I think you have gotten crossed up in your searches. The 3650 is the only table saw that had the arbor problem. As far as leaving the washer off that is a standard practice. The manaul for the 3650 even says it is ok. The dado plates are as thick if not thicker than the washer so the washer is not needed.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
          X