X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Filtration

I am about to purchase an air filtration system and I'm sure there have been past posts on who makes the best one. I'm leaning towards the jet but I can't figure a way to have the filtration system start with each machine with out using two switches. Has there been a post on this that I missed?

Are you getting an air filtration system or a dust collection system? Either way, both can be turned on and off with a remote control. If you are getting a dust collector, I have some info on them.
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

My understanding is I need both. The dust collector to keep the shop clean and the air filtration system to keep my lungs clean. I would be interested in any info you have on either one.

Comment

I have the Grizzly G1029Z dust collector. 2 hp, 220 v. $259 plus shipping and tax, includes a cyclone seperator. I have a bandsaw, jointer, planer, and table saw hooked up to it and it has reduced the dust in my shop about 90%. Figure about $150 for hoses, clamps, fittings, blast gates, etc. for a similar set-up.
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Gary, Go to www.grizzly.com and look at the remote controlled starters. I am using them for my dust collector and exhaust fans. Easier then trying to hook up each machine to start them
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I've ordered the book from Amazon for buiding your own wood shop dust control system as well. I'm in the process of converting my old 24' x 24' garage into a work shop. I'll post a picture when its done.

Comment

Gary,

I have the Jet air filter and it really helps keep the shop clean. It comes with a remote control, but you don't want to be turning it on and off as you use your tools. I turn it on and leave it on whenever I'm making sawdust. After I finish for the day, I let it run at least 1/2 hour to clean up the dust that's still floating.

I also have the Jet canister DC and couldn't be more pleased with it. Since my shop is also LOML's garage, I just attach it to one machine at a time. I run a 6" hose off the DC and then drop down to 4" to connect to the tools. Running the 6" really made an improvement over running dual 4" hoses.

Bob R

Comment

I have this 750 CFM unit from JDS. It can be bought via Amazon. An added bonus for me is it is Made in the USA.

http://www.thejdscompany.com/Airtech.htm

Comment

Working...
                X