Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer vibration

Hi,

I just bought a jointer JP0610 and I am quite happy with it. Nevertheless I feel that it vibrates a bit, but I am not sure how much vibration is normal, and how much of it is not. I checked the alignment of the belt and the wheels, and they seem fine.

Do you have any tips I could follow to reduce the vibration? (better belt, belt tension, etc).

Thanks

Couple of things to check. Make sure the motor mount bolts are tight. Also, check the pulleys on the motor and cutter head. Make sure the set screws are tight. If this doesn't help try running the jointer with the belt off and try and isolate the noise. Good luck!

Comment

On mine, the dust chute was vibrating where the edges (exit end - does this make sense?) meet the legs. I put a heavy washer between the flange and the leg to gain a bit of separation and the noise was significantly reduced. Whole thing sound a bit rumbly but I assume this is normal.

Best regards,

Henry

Comment

Also be sure all four feet are properly adjusted on the floor using the adjustable leveling feets.

Comment

Working...
        X