I just got a new Wet/dry vac stainless and had just a quick question. When I was cleaning up some autobody sanding dust in the garage, i noticed that as my forearm came close to the hose, it had alot of static electricity, no big deal. But when I turned off the unit, my friend reached down to push the vac and it zapped him before he even came in contact. He saw the arc and I heard it from across the garage. Later I was cleaning up some more and needed to move the vac so I used my foot and it actually shocked me through my leather house shoe. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? I guess if I had gotten the plastic model this would not occur. Any ideas would be helpful. It is just not much fun getting static shocked but I guess I could have some fun with it when friends come over and I am cleaning.
No announcement yet.
16 Gal Stainless wet/dry vac