X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 jobsite saw

Well I pulled the trigger and bought the saw last weekend after reading April 2004 Worbench Mag again. They said the only two things they found were that they would like to see a outfeed extension and the finish rubbed off the table top ( ridgid ashured them the problem has been resolved though ). I just wanted to see if anyone has had the problem of the finish rubbing off the table top and what was done. I'm kind of anal when it comes to the condition of my tools, I like my stuff to look good and perform outstanding. Am I asking for to much here?

Thanks, Jason

[ 04-19-2005, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: tuff71 ]

Originally posted by tuff71 Am I asking for to much here?
    I wouldn't think so. A good coat of paste wax (Johnsons, Butchers etc) every couple weeks or so should keep that puppy shining for a long time.
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I guess I was thinking that it was painted?? I have not taken it out of the box yet to look.Just incase I feel the need to go buy the Bosch 4000-09 I know I know, but I'm still having a hard time with it being built by the same co. as Ryobi. I don't have the best of luck. If it can happen it will happen to me.

[ 04-19-2005, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: tuff71 ]

Comment

The longer you keep it in the box, the longer the finish on the table top will stay like new.

Comment

That's some real good advise there Hewood. I'm still not convinced this is the saw for me. I want to see the Bosch first hand before I make my decision.

[ 04-20-2005, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: tuff71 ]

Comment

I have not heard much negative comments about the TS2400LS. I was also considering the Bosch when I bought mine in January, since it seems to always be at the favorite of the all the magazine tests & reviews I have read. But then took a good look at one after I had mine a few weeks, and felt I bought the better saw.

Then this guy bought BOTH saws and did a thourough side by side comparison. He pretty much convinced me that I did purchase the better saw ...

http://www.ridgidforum.com/cgi-bin/u...c;f=5;t=002708

If you have not read this thread, do so before you trade in the Ridgid for the Bosch !!

The only places I see the finish (silver paint) on the top wearing on mine is the scratches from where the miter gauge fence slides across the top ... big deal !! No matter what finish they put on there, this aluminum cast miter fence will eventually put marks in it.

Doug

Comment

Tuff- Well, like you I spent quite a bit of time hemming and hawing over whether to go with Ridgid or not. I talked with my brother in law and read a ton of reviews on here and on other forums sites. All I have to say is I couldn't be happier. I bought mine about 2 weeks ago. Took it out of the box last weekend and actually got to use it today. I took the time to go through the owners manual (something I find myself doing more and more with the fact that I am spending more money on tools these days and don't want to tear something up on the first outing.) I checked all of the adjustments they recommend (blade square, fence sguare etc.) The only thing I found was the sliding extension table was just a little bit low. A quick adjustment and I was ready to go. With the stock blade on it I smoked through several 10' 1x3's. I know it isn't much but it was great for a first outing. Once I finish all of these blasted home projects I will be able to start building things I want to and not that I have to.

I had hear people say that the saw was extremely noisey. I just want to know if these people are working in a small shop with no open doors or windows. I thought it was almost whisper quiet even going through the wood. I probably could have let my 10 month old nap in the same room with me. (Granted I was out side.)

Good luck with the new saw. Take it out of the box and not back to home depot.
              Character is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

TUFF , did you ever decide? I have the saw and have to say i love it. no .... i "LOVE" it. Im the same as you are about my tools, and i like to keep them looking new for as long as i can.My saw sees use everyday with exotic hardwoods, and after about a year, the finish still looks pretty damn good.Almost like new...But i take very good care of it , and clean it after everydays worth of work, and use bosheild pretty often
                \"practice is like farting; only you can do it yourself\' and no one can do it for you\"-sawaki kodo (zen master)

Comment

Originally posted by aikiwood:
                  TUFF , did you ever decide? I have the saw and have to say i love it. no .... i "LOVE" it. Im the same as you are about my tools, and i like to keep them looking new for as long as i can.My saw sees use everyday with exotic hardwoods, and after about a year, the finish still looks pretty damn good.Almost like new...But i take very good care of it , and clean it after everydays worth of work, and use bosheild pretty often
                  Yes, I did decide to go with the Ridgid after talking to Ridgid Customer Service rep on the phone about their lifetime warranty they just started again. The thing that kind of made me wonder is they are not the old Emerson tool co. It's going to be hard to beat that kind of. Customer service help.

[ 04-25-2005, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: tuff71 ]

Comment

Working...
                  X