Rigid 3650 inserts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid 3650 inserts

I want to get some zero clearance inserts and a dado insert. Are there other saws that use the same size insert?

Re: Rigid 3650 inserts

Originally posted by mapdude View Post
    I want to get some zero clearance inserts and a dado insert. Are there other saws that use the same size insert?
    You can get them from Lee Valley Tools. Here's the link

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/pag...080,51225&ap=1

Cheers
    Glen

Comment

You can also get blank inserts from this place. Model 949 will fit the 3650.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Or you can make your own 0 Clearance insert, I made my own for the 12" Ridgid Miter saw but I'm not sure how easy it would be to make for the 3650.

Cheers
        Glen
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Glen L; 01-30-2011, 07:23 PM.

Comment

At $15 apiece, I think I can make some from the scrap wood I have in the shop. I'll just use the one that came on the table as a template....

Comment

Originally posted by mapdude View Post
            At $15 apiece, I think I can make some from the scrap wood I have in the shop. I'll just use the one that came on the table as a template....
            Yep! that is why I keep scraps and end cuts. post a picture when it's done.

Cheers
            Glen

Comment

I've used three materials so far, all wood.

First was just a piece of resawn/planed 2x4. That did me fine for a year or more until it became ragged. It's down for a reuse as a dado ZCI.

Next was red oak. Splinter hell trying to rout the curved ends. Eventually made one, but won't be making any more. It's on the saw now, and is doing fine.

Last was 1/2 BB ply. Planed to correct thickness, much easier to rout. Made several of these, but yet to use one.

Comment

Working...
              X