X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drill press

I've just assembled my 15 inch DP; the instructions say that all three sets of pulleys must be vertically aligned. The idler pulley is about 1/16 lower than the others. The motor is as low as it will go. Suggestions, please!

The pulley by the motor should be lowered almost as far as it can go. Having teh pulley closer to the motor will help with any vibration as well. When the pulley is lowered, you can raise the motor to whatever distance you need. Also, is there a set screw on the front pulley that you can adjust?

Comment

Thanks, Mike. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

When you have a chance measure the runout on it and post it here. I asked about this in another thread but nobody has responded yet.

Comment

I bought the DP1550 about six weeks ago and have been very happy with it. I measured the run-out on the arbor before I installed the chuck and the run-out was less than .001. I didn't install the drill chuck that came with the drill press, I was able to get a better quality chuck on e-bay. I only checked the alignment of the front and rear pulleys, the idler pulley will float to match the other two pulleys.

Comment

jhracer
            What brand chuck did you get. I just ordered a Golden Goose ball bearing chuck for mine.

Did you find the performance and runout to be better than the supplied ridgid chuck?

Comment

Working...
            X