Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats and enjoy your saw! One of the nice things about buying a standard sized saw is that you can add things to them at a future dated if you want to....CI wings included, but Dave's right...it tends to cost a bit more that way. (It's possible to buy a CI wing as a replacement cabinet saw part through HF for < $40 delivered. Or you could always get a used one on Ebay) One thing some folks do that's less expensive is to buy one CI wing for the left, then add a laminated extension table to the right. You've got a decent fence in that T2...if you think you need more capacity you can always slide the rails to the right.

Comment

Well BadgerDave, I'm already kicking myself. As soon as I bought the Delta 36-675 the price of the TS3650 went back down to $549. Which I could have got for less due to my $35 gift card and 10% military discount. And not to mention when they delivered it it was short one box. The RAILS!!. The saw is useless without the rails the fence slides on. The delivery guy documented it on my invoice and told me to call the wharehouse and they will find it. Its been weeks now. This sucks. I could've have built numerous projects by now. Thats what I get for being impatient. I called HD as well but all they could do is put a trace on the shipment. I'll see what happens next. In the meantime I'm sawless.....
      Train Hard, Fight Hard, Win Always!

Comment

Rahlo,

If I remember it correctly, Home Depot gives you a 30-day satisfaction/return policy. If you're missing something, haven't used the tool yet, etc., you've got at least 30-days to return it for a refund (it may be longer... check with the service desk or with the Home Depot web site.

Hope this helps the frustration,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by Rahlo2005:
          Well BadgerDave, I'm already kicking myself. As soon as I bought the Delta 36-675 the price of the TS3650 went back down to $549. Which I could have got for less due to my $35 gift card and 10% military discount. And not to mention when they delivered it it was short one box. The RAILS!!. The saw is useless without the rails the fence slides on. The delivery guy documented it on my invoice and told me to call the wharehouse and they will find it. Its been weeks now. This sucks. I could've have built numerous projects by now. Thats what I get for being impatient. I called HD as well but all they could do is put a trace on the shipment. I'll see what happens next. In the meantime I'm sawless.....
          Take the Delta back you paid too much final clearance on it was $317. For what you paid you could get the Ridgid with cast iron tables, left tilt, herculift. To me that is a no brainer. Pack the Delta up take it to the friendly HD tell them your tired waiting on the fence rails and get the Ridgid. If you decide to keep the Delta fight on the price they were marked 399 in every store in the Tampa area and I know 3 sold new in the box for final price of 317 which I have heard other people quote.
          Rev Ed

Comment

I guess customer satisfaction is really HD's goal. Well, here's what happened. They put a trace on my missing box and I guess they couldn't find it so they said they would credit me my whole $444.36 back and get this, keep the saw.... use it for parts. I'm now trying to find the pieces that are missing but it almost a years wait on certain parts. I'll wait til the balance shows on my card then I'm going to HD to get the TS3650. I'll deal with the arbor issue if and when it shows. If anyone knows how and where I can find those parts let me know. Model# 36-727 Rails For T-SQR Fence.

Comment

Rahlo, Re Tablesaw;
              I don't know why General Internationals builders saw mo.# 50/175/185 isn't at the top of your list. It's rated a best buy because it is the best, buy a country mile. www.general.ca
              Good Luck. Walker1

Comment

I guess customer satisfaction is really HD's goal. Well, here's what happened. They put a trace on my missing box and I guess they couldn't find it so they said they would credit me my whole $444.36 back and get this, keep the saw.... use it for parts. I'm now trying to find the pieces that are missing but it almost a years wait on certain parts. I'll wait til the balance shows on my card then I'm going to HD to get the TS3650. I'll deal with the arbor issue if and when it shows. If anyone knows how and where I can find those parts let me know. Model# 36-727 Rails For T-SQR Fence.
                If I understand correctly you've got yourself a 36-675 w/fence minus the rails for $0?! ...don't be silly...Keep the saw and buy a top of the line fence, a mobile base, and maybe even one cast iron wing for ~ $350....or skip the wing and get a top notch blade or just save the $. The Vega Utility and Shop Fox Aluma Classic...it's a Biese clone, and both are < $230 delivered and are both excellent heavy duty precision fences.

If the rails show up, sell the T2 and rails....~$150. If not, you could probably get something on Ebay for the T2 fence.

[ 07-26-2005, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: hewood ]

Comment

Rahlo,

I'd bet your missing box is floating around that HD somewhere. Probably got separated during unloading and no one knew what it was without the saw box to go with it. This used to happen with the 3650, boxes separated and saw sold without the rail box.
                  Lorax
                  "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Rahlo2005,
                    I've owned the Ridgid TS2400 for a few months now and I am extremely happy with it! The overall design and structure is excellent. It has terrific controls, it's accurate, the blade guard/splitter assembly is actually useful, and the stock blade is pretty good. My favorite part is the fence -- it's phenomenal. Yes, I'm talking about the TS2400, but when I look at the TS3650, it appears to have similar design concepts. The fence seems almost exactly the same, except longer, and of course it has a cast-iron table.

I would not hesitate to buy the TS3650.

Here's a link to a review I wrote about the TS2400, which may be relevant to you:
                    http://www.ridgidforum.com/cgi-bin/u...c;f=5;t=002708

Let me warn you strongly AGAINST the Grizzly saw. My experience with Grizzly has been terrible! I have a Grizzly 7943 drill press in my woodshop right now. It arrived with a crushed hood, dented motor, and missing parts. I called Grizzly, and they sent me a replacement for the crushed hood, but I would have to take apart the entire machine to fix it. The machine also developed other problems in a very short time. When I asked about returning the machine, Grizzly said I would have to pay return shipping (about $70), and I would not get a refund on my original shipping costs ($58). In other words, I would be out about $130 for nothing. It's literally cheaper for me to throw it in the trash, which I will do eventually. Thank you grizzly! I should have listened to all the people who said what I'm now saying to you -- don't buy grizzly!

Every time I see the Ridgid drill press, I wish I had gone with it instead of the Grizzly.

[ 07-27-2005, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: MSchenker ]

Comment

See I told you, you paid too much for that Delta. Now that you have it for free I would get an second party fence and mobile base and never look back.
                      Rev Ed

Comment

LOL!! Well RevEd I bought an HTC2000 when I ordered the saw, so the mobile base part is covered. I just found the rails for my saw online (Delta 36-728), but they are 50" instead of 30". It beats trying to order all of the parts one at a time. I'm just waiting for the balance to show up on my credit card. Then its on.. Again, I would like to thank you all for your humor and support.

Comment

Originally posted by MSchenker:
                          I should have listened to all the people who said what I'm now saying to you -- don't buy grizzly!
                          I don't know who all those people are, but my experience has been exactly the opposite of yours. I have the G7946 drill press and it has been a real workhorse. I also have a Grizzly bandsaw, jointer and dust collector. No problems with any of them. I know this is a Ridgid forum, but I hate to see an entire brand of tools get slammed for one bad experience.
                          Lorax
                          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax:
                            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MSchenker:
                            I should have listened to all the people who said what I'm now saying to you -- don't buy grizzly!
                            I don't know who all those people are, but my experience has been exactly the opposite of yours. I have the G7946 drill press and it has been a real workhorse. I also have a Grizzly bandsaw, jointer and dust collector. No problems with any of them. I know this is a Ridgid forum, but I hate to see an entire brand of tools get slammed for one bad experience. </font>[/QUOTE]Ditto.....there's ALOT of happy Griz owners out there, and IMO alot of their equipment is a good value for home shops. They sell alot of items and therefore have alot of opportunity for mistakes....like any company, they don't get them all right, but because you've had a bad experience doesn't mean others shouldn't ever buy anything Grizzly. Keep it in perspective....I mean Ridgid had a bad arbor on several 3650s...should the whole line be blackballed?

[ 07-31-2005, 07:01 AM: Message edited by: hewood ]

Comment

I don't think that the whole Grizzly line should be slammed. At the same time, I think it is important for people making buying decisions to know what someone like me went through, or rather is going through, with a Grizzly machine.

I do not intend for my comments to be taken beyond the drill press. But nevertheless, my comments and expriences are relevant.

Comment

be thankful you aren't one of those people that purchased the $200,000 corvette (i think it was a corvette) that consequently needed immediate recall parts replaced and all kinds of other problems making it un-drivable.

If a problem occurs, it should sway future buying decisions if:

A) the problem persists in multiple instances on multiple products

and

B) the company makes little effort to assist customers in rectifying the situation.

Tool manufacturers have the problem of servicing the malfunctions. Do they employ a team of guys and trucks to drive out and repair things? I don't think they make enough money to do that. A place like Best Buy does that for the big screen TV's they sell, but that is undoubtedly paid for by the TV manufacturers not Best Buy. So basically you're stuck dealing with phone calls and repair centers not close to you. That never is a good experience even if they are friendly.

Perhaps you are always better off buying used, at least you know it works.

Comment

Working...
                                X