TS2424 Dust Collector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TS2424 Dust Collector

I am glad to hear I am not the only person doing unintentional testing. My test involved hooking up my vac to my router table as I quickly needed to put a decorative edge around a small board. I hooked up the hose and plugged the cord into the router table switch, got everything set up, turned it on and started to route the edge. I knew something was wrong as there was MDF dust flying everywhere. I shut the thing down and it dawned on me that the last use of the vacuum had been to BLOW some debris out of the garage. DUH!!! Big difference between blow and suck.

Comment

I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but I use a shop vac (Geinie 5hp) for my DC and move it from machine to machine (what a pain!). The filter seems to get clogged very often and very quickly. I shake it out to remove the visible dust betwen the pleats, but it gets clogged up again (caked up so the pleats are not visible). Is this normal for a shop vac being used as a DC? I can't think its a filter issue. Any suggestions to reduce the filter caking up?

I use it on the TS, jointer and planer.

BTW, the shop vac is really loud, but don't you all use ear protection while using your tools?

Cheers Dennis

Comment

I have the Ridgid 6hp. It is not very loud and takes a lot before it gets clogged. I installed Sawdust Collection System - Now save $88.00!!!!!
        Price: $39.99 www.shopvac.com

Catalog Number: 801-75-11 From Shopvac, installed a remote control switch and I keep the remote with me. Beats dragging the vac everywhere. You can get the remote kit at HD or Walmart for $10 to $15 bucks.

Comment

Working...
        X