Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How deep is the 3612?

Hello group,

I'm considering my first table saw purchase. I have been considering the Ryobi RT3100 and have been dreaming over a nice cabinet saw, but that's just out of reach. Time and time again, I keep coming back to the Ridig 3612 for a great value. My one problem, however, is that I need to put the saw (when not in use) in the back of the garage and I need to be able to park a car in there, too. The motors in the back of these saws was one reason I was edging toward the Ryobi.

I'd like to make my mind up once and for all and just get a saw. Can someone please tell me, when the saw it pushed against a wall, how far does it stick out?

Thanks!
    Aaron

I'll let you know sometime tonight if nobody else can answer before then. (after I get home and have a chance to measure it)

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart H:
      I'll let you know sometime tonight if nobody else can answer before then. (after I get home and have a chance to measure it)

Comment

Originally posted by viperbrat:
        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuart H:
        </font>[/QUOTE]i just bought this saw but have an answere to your question the motor comes off easy and the depth is 34 inch. and with the motor it is 45 inch.

Comment

Wow...thanks for the measurement. That's a huge difference. Would it be advisable to remove and attach the motor everytime I wanted to used the saw?

Or maybe this is just more reason to get the Grizzly 1023. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Aaron

Comment

Don't have to remove the motor...check this post out...(from Wood Online Forum)...

My garage/shop is drywalled and the motor on the back of my contractor saw kept me from getting it close to the wall. I made a small cutout in the wall between 2 studs for the motor to fit into when I stored the saw. It allows me to get the saw an extra 4" closer to the wall. I made a box/flange to fit into the cutout out of 1/4" plywood and that gave it a neat apearance.
            Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

I roll my TS3612 to the back corner of the garage - with the motor sticking out. In the back left corner, the table goes along the side wall, and the motor is at the back of the garage, behind the cars. The only down side is that I have to move the saw out for even a quick cut.

I am not an expert on the comparison between brands, but when I bought my Ridgid Jointer and the Ridgid Saw (and vacuum, etc.) I found that Ridgid offered far more robust internal construction for the price. I love my Ridgid tools. If they last as long as my old Craftsman RAS made by the same company, they will outlive me!

Comment

Charlie,

I have to say, your idea is so simple, I'm ashamed I didn't think of it too. I guess I just always thought that the saw had to go straight up against the wall. I get what you're saying, though, and I think that will be perfect!

Maybe I'll have a few saw this weekend!

Thank you!
                Aaron

Comment

I store my TS3612 along my front wall. We have what I would consider a normal size two car garage. The door into the house is along the right side toward the front. I have all the measurements somewhere. At any rate, with the saw stored against the wall I can pull in the Camry or minivan and have room to get around. I built some cabinets to the left of the saw. I actually measured the saw before I purchased it so I would leave enough room for storage after installing the cabinets. I have to pull out the cars and then roll my saw to the middle to work. One of these days I'll get pictures on the web site. You will love the 3612!
                  Alan
                  My Shop

Comment

Working...
                  X